Honored Contributor

Denim & Co. BIG DEAL Swimsuit

[ Edited ]

I own two of Denim & Co.'s tankini swimsuits that were so popular last summer (A303155) -- I love that style!  I even wore the top with shorts on a cruise.

I was hoping they would come out with a newer version that was either a halter tankini top, or a v-neck tankini top -- but both still styled similarly to last year's.

So what does QVC do?  Update (using the term loosely) the style by having a very high neck and very high back as the Big Deal today (A350358).  Why not just make it a tank top tankini???

Once again, Denim & Company opts to do let's not show too much of anything way of designing, even for a bathing suit. 

I have updated my original post with a heartfelt, for those who like it, I hope you enjoy it very much and have a great summer!

Yes, I'll look elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. BIG DEAL Swimsuit

You can buy swimwear seperates on Swimweartforall on line they have a great selection

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I believe in ...decent...modest appearance around the pool too - - but I see more 'flesh' table top wows on TV than anything Gary designs.

Quote "it doesn't show too much"   (Gary)

"you're .appropriately covered" (Susan)

Respected Contributor

I really like the Big Deal swimsuit style.  I don’t like showing my cleavage any more so this style is perfect for me.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   Thank you very much for your great suggestion!  I went to swimsuitsforall and just purchased two halter tankini tops.  Full coverage, with a V, not too low in back (similar to the D&C tankini in the back that I purchased last year).  Both of them pair well with the black and the blue tankini skirts from last year's D&C tankinis.  Perfect!  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I actually like the chest coverage.  That's one place that's gotten way too much sun over the years.  In fact, I often wear a scarf there against the sun.  Back of neck, too.

Cute suit.  I hear ya, though - when it's not up to expectations, it's a disappointment!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Swimsuitsforall is my go to place to buy swimwear.

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@I am still oxox   Thank you very much for your great suggestion!  I went to swimsuitsforall and just purchased two halter tankini tops.  Full coverage, with a V, not too low in back (similar to the D&C tankini in the back that I purchased last year).  Both of them pair well with the black and the blue tankini skirts from last year's D&C tankinis.  Perfect!  Smiley Very Happy

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper I do like Denim @& Co's Beach swimsuits too. I like the coverage for this aging body and they're so comfortable and flattering. I have bought this style suit but with the regular tank, so I know what ya mean. Got them on as-is. Seemed brand new so I was really pleased. When I go to B&M retail looking for suits they're never made as well and substantial like these. 

Gary and team put a lot of thought into the design (I feel anyway). Something for every body shape type. 

⚓️
Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the pink.  Not sure of sizing:  how do they run?

Honored Contributor

I cannot stand a high neck bathing suit.

I'm not one that wants everything hanging out but a bathing suit up to my collar bone is annoying.  It's way too hot in the heat of the sun for one thing.  I end up tugging and pulling at the neck.