New Contributor

Demonstration on Women of Color

Why hasn't one of the three darkest shades of the Eve Pearl TSV been used on a woman of color in any of the demonstrations so that we can really see the results?  I am trying to decide between the Tan and Dark shades to make a decision.  Telling me that I should see a model or host that is not on air does not really help me.  Seeing is believing is my motto and I don't mean just seeing a picture.  I would like to see the make-up actually applied.  Perhaps you intend to do this later in the day but by that time the options may already be gone because they are usually the first to go.

Honored Contributor

Re: Demonstration on Women of Color

Probably because women of color have 1000 different color variations and the two measly "one size fits all" colors...... really don't.  They don't want a lot of returns so they don't encourage sales of the two darker shades.

Trusted Contributor

@JazziM. I would put this request on the customer care forum and you might get faster attention.  Those people will pass the request on.  Who knows what QVC people read the forums.  This is not a problem for me but it is always an important issue.  I am sure they will want to address this quickly.   All brands should consider bringing in more of the shades that sell out in the first or second showing.   I see the problem on both ends of the shade scale and it appears to never be corrected.  Good luck.

Respected Contributor

During the midnight presentation with Sandra they showed a QVC  model having the dark shade applied. Sorry, I don't remember the models name but she's tall, has short hair & is stunning. Hope she will be on air later today so you can see how pretty the makeup looked on her. I would wear the light but will have to pass on it because of the coconut oil.

Contributor

There are a lot of great pictures on Eve's website that have before and afters of many faces and shades - I would check those out to help make decisions...

http://www.evepearl.com/before_after/

Respected Contributor

Apparently you just missed the presentations, it has been done this morning. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

@JazziM

QVC current cosmetic vendors actually has NOTHING for Women Of Color.  Unless you want to look like a pasty corpse laying in a casket, go for it.

There have been various postings in the "Suggestion" forum area requesting QVC to have WOC cosmetic vendors.  Some of the posters including myself have presented a list of WOC vendors.

SIDEBAR:  Mally is the only vendor who comes close to presenting cosmetics for WOC.  So she gets a pass. Smiley Very Happy

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

Hi JazziM,

Last night, Eve showed Alisha in the second to deepest and Adae (sp?) in the deepest.  It was a nice change to finally have those shades covered! Everyone looked beautiful in my opinion, though my TV's about 5 years old (it is HD though).  It may be on the video on the TSV, or perhaps on the next Eve Pearl show.  I really like her personality and like that she includes all shades, though of course, undertones are always complicated for all of us even if there's a shade in our category, but thought it was great to see Adae in a beauty show modeling cosmetics and it ought to happen more often. I've heard about this concealer for dark circles for quite a while now and am real tempted to get this TSV!

Trusted Contributor

@Katmary wrote:

Hi JazziM,

Last night, Eve showed Alisha in the second to deepest and Adae (sp?) in the deepest.  It was a nice change to finally have those shades covered! Everyone looked beautiful in my opinion, though my TV's about 5 years old (it is HD though).  It may be on the video on the TSV, or perhaps on the next Eve Pearl show.  I really like her personality and like that she includes all shades, though of course, undertones are always complicated for all of us even if there's a shade in our category, but thought it was great to see Adae in a beauty show modeling cosmetics and it ought to happen more often. I've heard about this concealer for dark circles for quite a while now and am real tempted to get this TSV!

Couldn't agree more!  What a joy to see Ade smile so!  She is an incredibly beautiful woman and it's about time someone tried to match their makeup artist's skills to her near-perfection.