Super Contributor

Just got my new Dell TSV up and running but on the background page there is nothing but the recycle bin and no other images! Also, the apps are not at all what I thought I would see when it was shown on TV.  Now that page is blank since all were sold, so I have no pictures or video to look at!  Did anyone get theirs up and running as expected? I'm so frustrated!  I guess I'll have to send this back.  And, no, the PC Treasures thing hasn't come yet either.  Any help?  Ready to scream!

QVC Customer Care

@InStitches49

I am sorry that you are having problems setting up your Dell. Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will assist you. 

Beth 

Customer Care

Contributor

I think this is because it didn't come preloaded with programs, which is one of the reasons I purchased it...

I would definetely call the help line. Don't give up! Ask for help...

Windows 10 is app driven, and once you get the hang of it, you will love it!

~there is never an excuse to be unkind~
Respected Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

@InStitches49

I am sorry that you are having problems setting up your Dell. Please send me an email to QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com and I will assist you. 

Beth 

Customer Care

Uh boy .. I should have mine by the end of the week.  I'll keep your email -- just in case.

Man Indifferent

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Institches49,

Re: your avatar .. what kind of dog is that?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Super Contributor

RinaRina,  Please don't worry because of my note.  I feel so much better after talking with Beth on the phone. (Yes, QVC called me which is super nice.)  I haven't had time today (one of those days!!) to call the Help line number she told me about.  But I feel sure it's just a wrong move or even a no move on my part.  I'm a baby boomer so there's every reason to believe I just didn't do something right but that it can be corrected.  Yes, I'm hopeful that my problem is just because of me and not the computer.  Of course, my fingers are crossed as I say this... (smiling).

Super Contributor

As to the dog in my photo, that's my two and a half year old granddog who is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi in orange/red and white.  This is the same breed that Queen Elizabeth II has had several of, including in the famous TV scene at the opening of the London Olympics in which she appeared with Agent 007 James Bond.  He is a herding dog and very intelligent and very loyal to us.  But he does shed a bit all the time which can be a hassle.  His name is Silas after Uncle Si on Duck Dynasty.

Respected Contributor

You do have to set the desktop image.  There are programs on it, but not the excessive ones people usually get with laptops these days.  YOu load those from the PC Treasures kit that comes in the mail, no CDs just codes for downloading.  You do click on the MS Office 365 link and can set up your account along with McAfee.  I downloaded my personal software, desktop, screen saver, set the power options like what to do when the top shuts, tweaked the screen resolution, colors, brightness, sharpness and contrast since I don't like a bright screen, did the initial set up that starts when you turn the laptop on, and connected to my wifi and printer.  I haven't touched the PC Treasures kit yet due to being busy, but plan on it next week.

I've had my Dell TSV 17" since the week before the TSV and love it.  I got it before Thanksgiving because I ordered early.  It replaces a 9 year old, custom Dell Inspiron lapop and a cheap WalMart back to school special Acer I use for travel with my work.  This new Dell is a great upgrade to both of those.  You will love your new computer once you get it set up to your liking.

Super Contributor

Tigriss,

I agree now that I'm more familiar with this computer and with Windows 10--love it and the speed of it compared to my older laptop from another brand.  I got a book on Windows 10 as well and it is helping me understand the new operating system even better.  I'm very glad I didn't give up and persevered to learn more.  In the past the computers always had a ton of programs that showed up on the main screen and really got confusing, so I assumed something was "wrong" when this didn't have those.  Not at all!  In fact, now that I know what I'm doing I love being able to choose what I want to show up there.  The only slight problem is that sometimes downstairs I lose the wifi signal because the router is upstairs.  But if I use the computer upstairs, the signal stays strong.  Perhaps I need one of those range extenders for downstairs at a later date. 

Respected Contributor
Good to know that they have a book for Windows 10 since it is dramatically different than the XP on my old Dell and the 7 on my old Acer, but I did upgrade that to Windows 10 when it was free, but even with 6GB of RAM on it, it still was sluggish and Window 10 did often crash. This version of Windows 10 hasn't had the issue of the tool bars crashing like my old one. I love the 12GB of RAM. With all the graphics in programs and the internet today, we need the speed of the higher RAM.

I hope you enjoy your new toy!