Respected Contributor

Re: Dell TSV E-226576 Intel Core i5 8GB RAM 1TB HD

Wanted to add, pay attention to the processor. As far as I'm concerned an i7 Intel Core Pentium is the only way to go. You'll see cheaper machines run AMD- a totally different processor, that brings the computer price down but inferior processing speed. Also, you probably want a 64 bit vs. 32. JMO. Smile

ETA: Many of the Best Buy configured Dells also have a true life HD screen @1920 x 1080 resolution with Waves Maxx Audio Pro speakers for decent sound.

Prior to my brother's passing he'd build my computers per specification. Those were sweet!

Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 Lynnj said:
On 12/14/2014 autumnsunset said:

Have you looked on QVC website because I bought a Dell 17 in i7 5 months ago with a backlit keyboard and I love it {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I returned three HP's because I did not like the keyboard or the screen or the sound so far I am very happy with my Dell and it runs cool too. I went to local stores could not find what I wanted went to Dell's website and QVC price was still a lot better then Dells own website.

People will say QVC sells old technology I do not buy old technology I printed out the specs took it to a computer geek who knows computers he said get it he said this was top of the line. I'm very happy with my Dell.

I think it is important to understand what is being purchased when buying a computer. Many do not understand what they are buying. The i7 that you bought is newer technology, and one of their faster processors. That cannot be said of many of the comouters that are offered for sale on the shopping channels. And so when a host says x is the latest technology and x will be lightening fast, that is only true if one does the research and looks to see that ALL of the components that are built into what is being sold is truly as stated. Of course a computer will be junk if it is built with slow out dated technology.

thank you nutmeg and lynnj

Right now I am so frustrated with this ipad that I am probably going to purchase a refurbished HP like the one I had.

Had hoped to purchase a MAC but guess I'm not ready for that-- too much going on-line searching for answers as to how to easily post on the forum here and how to edit pictures with the specificity of PAINT.

my suspicions are confirmed that it was custom made.

maybe at some point I will be able to do the same things with an iPads!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 12/15/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 12/14/2014 lovestoteach said:

For Funloving and anyone else who is interested: here are the specs for this laptop:

SCHOOL LAPTOP DESCRIPTION DOC HP Probook 6450b
Standard 6-12 Processor: Intel ® Core ™ i5
CPU M250@2.40GHz 2.40GHz RAM (Installed memory 2.00 GB (1.86 GB usable)
32-bit Operating System
Product ID: 00371- OEM-8992671-00008

Windows 7 Professional

This is a custom built computer for a school. It is not a home built product. I usually buy a laptop with 8 GB of memory. My desktop all have 16GB of RAM.

I ended up purchasing a rebuilt one of these w/4GM RAM... for a couple hundred dollars and a square-trade warranty, we figured "why not?" Eventually, I really want to scope out a MAC for our home for everything and for always and I will have a lot to learn. There are things that I cannot get my iPad to do... I may post questions here to see if anybody has answers? TIA

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

I bought the Dell TSV - my first laptop- old computer was almost 10 yrs. old !!! (a Dell) First thing I did was order ""Windows 8.1 for Dummies""

The one thing that I had to figure out by myself that really bugs me is having to turn the numb locks on every time I restart. And you can't tell if they're on . Wish I didn't have numbers in my passwords .

So far things are ok - miss my mouse and old large monitor. This will help me stick to my financial plan - I don't really want to spend a lot of time browsing now.