Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

l like Dan Hughes.I find him very warm & friendly.He keeps the show interesting. 

He comes across as being so insincere, I don't believe a word he says.  He ought to be selling used cars somewhere.

You’re certainly entitled to your opinion.I totally disagree.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch QVC live.  I find that the show is often ALL ABOUT THE HOST.  And also too much time is spent on color choices.  If I am truly interested I read the reviews from QVC and from the Internet.  I go online and read the specs.  

In the old days when I watched the hosts and vendors were more likely to explain the product and not make a production of things that really did not matter.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think a lot of the hosts go on and on without describing the products features until later in the presentation. But just wanted to say, Dan is color blind. Could be his reason for passing on the colors. Ive seen (before) the vendors already say, or help him with the colors.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is unkind towards a QVC host

Valued Contributor

LOVE DAN HUGES!

Honored Contributor

Re: Dan Hughes and the TSV

[ Edited ]

I like Dan Hughes quite a bit.  Using personal experiences is a good way to sell products rather than just stating all the details of the item, though those are needed as well.  We all get sidetracked sometimes and lose our train of thought.  Dan is just like one of us.

The one thing that did have me picking my chin off the floor, though, happened earlier this week.  Surely Dan had a brain cramp and maybe his coffee hadn't kicked in yet.  He was on in the morning, presenting a hand-held luggage scale.  The vendor was explaining how it can show weight in both pounds and kilograms.  Dan jumped in and made a comment about when you go to Europe they use kilograms and we Americans don't know what that is because we're the only ones who still use the metric system.  I couldn't believe my ears.  Weighing mass by kilograms is part of the metric system!  Americans use the British Imperial system of measurements.