Regular Contributor

When the item came on after clicking on it on the front page, it showed 3 stars, but then they disappeared!!!  I hate that.  It means that the reviews so far equal 3 stars,,,but they don't want us to see that,,,I feel that it's so dishonest!  QVC, WHY DO YOU DO THAT!!???  And, on Dysons site, it says they do price matching.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: DYSON CORRALE

[ Edited ]

There are over 350 reviews for this product on Amazon.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Contributor
What do you suppose this costs to produce? $30?
Regular Contributor

Re: DYSON CORRALE

[ Edited ]

That's why I don't buy from Amazon, there are tons of fake reviews, and ones that get something for writing a positive review!!!  There are also many FAKE items, or ones that won't be warranted by the manufacturer!  

And, why is a hairdresser doing hair, I thought that they had done their own!

Trusted Contributor

@Flady1  Amazon reviews have marked "verified buyer" next to the reviewer so you know they purchased the item.  Yes there are "bogus" reviews just like there are bogus reviews here on the Q.  Worthless commentary from people who didn't buy it but want to complain about shippining, China, prices etc.  On every site you have to weed through the reviews.  I find Amazon a lot more helpful than many of the Qs reviews.  They allow pictures, and people give far more in-depth descriptions.  And it's generally a lot easier to return through Amazon.   

Btw, you CAN see those "disappearing reviews"...just put the item number in the search bar and bring the page up again.  It has always worked for me.  If I just click on the item, the reviews don't show up sometimes.  BUT if I actually put the item number in the search bar and bring it up...up pop the reviews.  

Honored Contributor

@eadu4   I always find Amazon reviews much more reliable than most anywhere, and especially more than QVC. 

As you mentioned, you can easily weed out ones that are dubious.  But overall, Amazon's review section is extremely helpful.  Those reviewer photos and videos are great.

Honored Contributor

@eadu4   Agree with your Amazon assessment.  I have found the reviews helpful especially when there are thousands.  Of course, there will always be duds just like the rare inauthentic product.  This is not the norm. Amazon is very helpful, excellent customer service, and usually competitive (or best) price. If I was going to purchase this product, I would certainly be reading the Amazon reviews.

Trusted Contributor

@Flady1 wrote:

When the item came on after clicking on it on the front page, it showed 3 stars, but then they disappeared!!!  I hate that.  It means that the reviews so far equal 3 stars,,,but they don't want us to see that,,,I feel that it's so dishonest!  QVC, WHY DO YOU DO THAT!!???  And, on Dysons site, it says they do price matching.  

This happens all the time on a TSV (or a Big Deal or some other special deal).  They don't want people to see the reviews, especailly if there are lots of negative ones.  I have noticed if I go through the app on my phone the reviews will sometimes be there.  

Gloria 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanKC wrote:
What do you suppose this costs to produce? $30?

@JeanKC no idea, but if it costs as much as a car payment it better be fantastic... and come with a hair stylist!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@GloriBee wrote:

@Flady1 wrote:

This happens all the time on a TSV (or a Big Deal or some other special deal).  They don't want people to see the reviews, especailly if there are lots of negative ones.  I have noticed if I go through the app on my phone the reviews will sometimes be there.  

Gloria 

I see 23 reviews.