Respected Contributor

Re: DYSON CORRALE

[ Edited ]

Have to be careful with supposed "reviews" here too..

The KA artisan mixer shows hundred of reviews, 5 star, but the actual review for that TSV item is only a handful.

It IS dishonest to take them down on the day people are considering ordering,especially on very heavy items that you may need to return, on your dime, if it doesn't work or perform the miracles they claim on the show...

And although we CAN go to other sites for reviews, QVC should be honest and keep the reviews up.

No matter what, you have to read the reviews, or sample them, to get a good feel.

Positive reviews that refer to cost, shipping, got the right color, my Mom had one fifty years ago, the box is pretty....means nothing.

I want to know the experience of the user who used the item, and is it worth it.

The KA Artisan mixer they sold last week, for instance, has a FOUR STAR review on QVC site, and it arrived with parts not installed correctly and the base of her mixer fell on the floor. A brand new mixer. Four stars(of five) for a broken item.

(Not picking on the KA mixer...I've wanted another one for years, but I'm beginning to feel the company is coasting on the reputation of what those mixers WERE, not what they ARE today).

This hair thing? 30 dollars to make"

More likely five dollars. 

Ridiculous.

KA Stand mixer review from TSV last week, on THIS site:

"My new mixer arrived and I was so happy, couldn’t wait to get baking. But sadly, I received a used mixer ..you can imagine my disappointment when I saw stains, black marks and, the real kicker, there was still old crusty batter stuck in the crevices :-( Then I go to start a return process and they’re gonna charge me to return a used, dirty, banged up item?!? Very sad indeed."

Note this is not the four star one. You can go read that one for yourself.

Boy did I dodge a bullet!!!

Respected Contributor

There were no actual  reviews for THIS TSV offering, but there was a previous Dyson Corrale online (I checked it out when I guessed that would be the offer). 

The Q doesn't post prior reviews of other slightly different offerings, but you can check them out.

The only negative reviews: 

* cost

* three customers who described themselves as seniors said it was hard for their wrist or the weight to hold

Dyson always gets negative reviews for cost from those who have not purchased the item. Dyson also gets positive reviews from people who say they thought it was too expensive but wanted to give it a try and now love it.

*** Big advantage for any expensive item on QVC right now:

You have 3 months to use it, get used to it, learn the settings and techniques—until the end of January 2023.

I bought the copper.

I have the hair dryer.

*** My main reason to purchase is that I have been concerned over the heat damage from hair irons (I have a T3 but had others). I  have wavy hair and prefer smooth.

Dyson designed this in a way to reduce heat, offers 3 settings, and ONLY SUGGESTS ONE PASS over the section, no repeats.

My hair will be in better shape. 

Respected Contributor

Shawn has dry over processed d hair. It looks d awful in the before and after.

Trusted Contributor

BOTTOM LINE.................It's too EXPENSIVE and ridiculous to offer a hairdryer/styler Dyson or no Dyson at that cost.

Regular Contributor

Re: DYSON CORRALE

[ Edited ]

Othereeeen, I completely agree with you.  I buy a lot from Q, and I've been a customer for at least 20 years, but I've been cutting back.  I too, only pay attention to those reviews that talk about the positive and or negative qualities of an item.  If I don't see reviews, I don't order, and that's the way I felt about this item.  I've bought the large dyson air purifiers, 4 or more on here because I had done my research, and saw that the price was excellent.  And, last night I did the same.  Went to the dyson website and saw that even though they were $40 more, they gave the box, a comb and a brush.  The charger and connecting cord were extra.  But, so what if you're already spending almost $500!!!  So, after seeing all that, I decided not to buy it, but also because a hairdresser was styling the models hair, and for me alone it might be too difficult. I want to comment on Amazon reviews,,,many times the supplier will give a gift or bonus for people to write good reviews!!!  I know because some have tried to bribe me. I won't do it because I'm honest, and because I wouldn't want it done to me, reading fake reviews!!!  I have also read that if bought an item on Amazon some manufacturers won't accept the warranty.  So ladies, you shop where you want to, for whatever the reasons, and I will always do the same!  And, if you don't agree with me that's ok,,,but I can only be honest,,,and true to myself!!

Have a nice evening...

PS....Dyson also has payment plans.  I bought 2 dyson hairdryers, one from Q and the last one from dyson.

Respected Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

There were no actual  reviews for THIS TSV offering, but there was a previous Dyson Corrale online (I checked it out when I guessed that would be the offer). 

The Q doesn't post prior reviews of other slightly different offerings, but you can check them out.

The only negative reviews: 

* cost

* three customers who described themselves as seniors said it was hard for their wrist or the weight to hold

Dyson always gets negative reviews for cost from those who have not purchased the item. Dyson also gets positive reviews from people who say they thought it was too expensive but wanted to give it a try and now love it.

*** Big advantage for any expensive item on QVC right now:

You have 3 months to use it, get used to it, learn the settings and techniques—until the end of January 2023.

I bought the copper.

I have the hair dryer.

*** My main reason to purchase is that I have been concerned over the heat damage from hair irons (I have a T3 but had others). I  have wavy hair and prefer smooth.

Dyson designed this in a way to reduce heat, offers 3 settings, and ONLY SUGGESTS ONE PASS over the section, no repeats.

My hair will be in better shape. 

@1Professor I thoughtfully considered this. I also own the Dyson dryer which I LOVE! My reservations with the straightener is the 30 minute use before you have to charge it. I'd rather have a corded appliance. Also, it beeps. I don't want a straightener to beep at me. The negative reviews mentioned it's heavy, and it catches and pulls out hair. For these reasons I didn't purchase it. Please let us know how you like it!

Frequent Contributor

I personally don't want to spend 400 dollars on a hair tool, but the thing I like is the mat it's cordless, my plugs in the bathroom are in a unfortunate location and chords always get tangled around me, the vanity, knocks things off the counter etc.I hope other brands start coming out with chordless and rechargeable tools.