Respected Contributor

I did not buy this bag because I don't care for the size and shape, but I've been buying Dooney's since 1980 and I have never found that the QVC are of lesser quality.  And I am  picky.  I don't like this bag for myself but I ordered one to give to someone and returned it simply because it was so large. But the quality was excellent. It even has the wonderful rolled handles with the whipstitching which one usually finds on the Florentine bags. Most  of my Dooney bags have come from department stores and the Dooney site itself but I have bought some from QVC and there's no difference if  you are comparing the same materials and price points. 

Respected Contributor

I would say after seeing it on two different tvs and my computer that this terrecotta leans towards a brick red on the color wheel rather than a salmon.  But it isnt a red to my eye.  Hope that is a little helpful.  

Valued Contributor

sorry but I would buy anymore of these bags. cheap quality leather. and the one I like is 500 would be buying that one since that bag got bad reviews. I do not even like this bag at all. last ts from june is nice but the handles were cheap. save money and pass.

Trusted Contributor

My experience is that the made for QVC Dooney's, or the made for Macy's one I recently purchased, are quality bags.  I see no evidence that Dooney  went with cheaper materials for their affiliations with different vendors.

I purchased the midnight in the TSV as I don't have a navy blue bag.  I also need a larger bag for all the things I carry with me to work.  But I do wish Dooney would make the strap about 3" wide so you could actually use it.  The thin little strap is more decorative than functional.  Whenever Dooney does made a wide strap it is always in canvas and not leather that I have seen.

Respected Contributor

I have purchased Dooney bags from their website, department stores, and QVC.  I have also purchased bags from Dooney that are exclusive to certain department stores.  I can't tell one bit of difference in the quality.  I go over them with a fine tooth comb and the quality is there.  I love the elephant color in the TSV but probably will not purchase it.  I don't need another bag.

Contributor

I pre ordered the  Terra Cotta and will say at a glance it lookls like a warm brick caramel color (in general I think it reads more brown than red).  It is a unique color and the tan flap on the front blends in fine and doesn't have too much contrast.  I can see - depending on lighting this could also look a bit brown dark burgundy in color ( It does not register as red when I look at it)

Super Contributor

Did everyone notice that this bag weights 2 oz. short of 3 pounds without anything in it? 

Wow - I know I couldn't carry anything that heavy.  It looks to me like a zip zip bag with a pouch stuck on the front.  Otherwise it looks like a beautiful bag.

Respected Contributor

Yep it is virtually a three pound bag before you add your stuff.  People need to be smart shoppers and read the description and the reviews.  

Valued Contributor

@Love orchids wrote:

Did everyone notice that this bag weights 2 oz. short of 3 pounds without anything in it? 

Wow - I know I couldn't carry anything that heavy.  It looks to me like a zip zip bag with a pouch stuck on the front.  Otherwise it looks like a beautiful bag.

I wouldn't doubt it. My florentine bag is SO HEAVY before I put anything in it at all. But it's gorgeous so I don't care Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

*Sigh*..... I said I wouldn't buy this one but I did, in the Navy.  Looks beautiful and I know I'll enjoy it.  I've been buying Dooneys since the 90's (when I could afford one) and the ones I've purchased from QVC are high quality, no question.  I'm a self confessed handbag-ho, collecting all kinds of designer handbags including Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Fendi, Kate Spade, Brighton, Brahmin, and Coach..... and find Dooney a quality bag for the money.... It's the only splurge I have interest in .... handbags!  

LOL!  At least I can thin the herd by selling some of them on eBay.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*