Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know when Dell will have a TSV on laptops?  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Given their usual trend for having the best prices on computers, I would suspect the "back to school" computer will be coming up probably the end of July, maybe early August.

That's just a guess, but they always do a back to school one, then a Christmas one.

Whether it will be Dell or not is unknown. They juggle HP and Dell.

Esteemed Contributor

O/P Do yourself a favor and do not buy any electronic device on a shopping channel. Buy from the source or a B&M store. Shopping channel computers that are sold are older models with a lot of wasteful software you will never need or use.. just a heads up!

Esteemed Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

Given their usual trend for having the best prices on computers, I would suspect the "back to school" computer will be coming up probably the end of July, maybe early August.

That's just a guess, but they always do a back to school one, then a Christmas one.

Whether it will be Dell or not is unknown. They juggle HP and Dell.

There usual trend? Wrong, they sell older models .. there prices are too high for the older models they sell. Buyer Beware!

Respected Contributor

@katte  I don't know when the next Dell TSV will be but I purchased my first desktop and laptop computers from a shopping channel and both were top of the line with the newest technology and operating systems.  After comparing prices, I decided to go with the Online vs Brick & Mortar store...The computer and laptop were Gateways and I still have both of them and Yes they still work...the only issue is the operating systems (just last year) are no longer supported.  I recently purchased a Dell from QVC and I did not find a better laptop for that price with the features offered....so I guess it is a matter of preference!

Esteemed Contributor

@GAQShopr53 wrote:

@katte  I don't know when the next Dell TSV will be but I purchased my first desktop and laptop computers from a shopping channel and both were top of the line with the newest technology and operating systems.  After comparing prices, I decided to go with the Online vs Brick & Mortar store...The computer and laptop were Gateways and I still have both of them and Yes they still work...the only issue is the operating systems (just last year) are no longer supported.  I recently purchased a Dell from QVC and I did not find a better laptop for that price with the features offered....so I guess it is a matter of preference!

Good for you ... you got lucky, if you can read some threads and posts about people who have bought these devices from shopping channels. Oh Boy! .

Respected Contributor

@apple1964

Good for you ... you got lucky, if you can read some threads and posts about people who have bought these devices from shopping channels. Oh Boy! .

@apple1964 You are correct...there are a lot of bad reviews...I remember complaints about a computer that was sold and the backlights did not work while others complained that the computers stopped working after a couple of months. Now I see why there is such a push to sell the Square Trade....I believe that when the shopping channels first started selling they were concerned about quality...I always research...there were times when QVC sold a HP for 599.00 and I found the same computer with a more memory and ram for 399.00 at Walmart ...I think the shopping channels pull in buyers because of the easy/flex pays and additional accessories they offer.  Then there are times when it seems like the shopping channel buyers are test markets for a lot of products being sold...