Respected Contributor

I love duo stretch but these do not look like pants to me.  They look like a skinny leg or legging.  Also,  I wear a 30 inch. pant.  Why do this in a 28in.?  For the winter I like a real pant length.  The 31in. would not work.. Disappointed...

Honored Contributor

That's why I like them!  I prefer thinner legs!

I ordered the Tall cuz 28 is way too short.

You wear a 30 and can't make 1 inch work?

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

I love duo stretch but these do not look like pants to me.  They look like a skinny leg or legging.  Also,  I wear a 30 inch. pant.  Why do this in a 28in.?  For the winter I like a real pant length.  The 31in. would not work.. Disappointed...

@bargainsgirl   They've named it pants, but they really are leggings.  Even the online description calls them leggings.

As such, you should be able to scrunch it a bit off the Tall length to be the 30" that you want.  That's what I do for cooler weather leggings myself; I want 30" so I get the 31" and it's great. It's not like it's a lot of material at the ankle.  The extra inch is not even noticeable. 

Honored Contributor

They can call them pants if they want to but they are leggings.  There was another brand recently that played the same word game.  Still, I think they are very nice substantial leggings.  I'm not interested in any of the color choices.  

Regular Contributor
I ordered the tall even though I’m only 5’7, but I have to have my ankles covered when it gets really cold. And I was completely sold when I saw the pockets for a cellphone, keys, pepper spray, etc. I ordered the solid black and navy, but I just wish that they had offered more solid colors like charcoal gray, espresso, eggplant and olive. They’ll be great for my morning walks now that fall is approaching with cooler temps.
Honored Contributor

The TSV is called a "pant" b/c they can be worn just as would wear any other pant (that doesn't mean you have to or should in some cases). But a legging is something almost always worn under another piece of clothing, for instance a tunic or long jacket/coat, and are usually made of thinner material than are pants.

Honored Contributor

@livinthelife101 wrote:
I ordered the tall even though I’m only 5’7, but I have to have my ankles covered when it gets really cold. And I was completely sold when I saw the pockets for a cellphone, keys, pepper spray, etc. I ordered the solid black and navy, but I just wish that they had offered more solid colors like charcoal gray, espresso, eggplant and olive. They’ll be great for my morning walks now that fall is approaching with cooler temps.

@livinthelife101   Totally agree they should have offered more solid colors!  I don't like any of those prints; I don't like print leggings anyway. The colors you suggested would be fantastic.

Honored Contributor

I have a wardrobe of leggings, and many are the thicker material variety, especially for cooler weather.  They are not marketed as pants. 

QVC is always harping on the longer tops for leggings.  But other retailers leave it up to the shoppers to wear waist length tops or longer tops of their choosing.  I see a lot of regular length tops (non-tunics) paired with leggings online when I shop.  Those leggings are also of substantial material.  I wear some regular length tops especially with some of my cooler-weather leggings. 

Regular Contributor

I completely agree that these look like leggings on the models and hosts and the color choices are limited and should have more solids. Some of those prints are unwearable IMO. I am going to get the black and navy and size up so they'll look and feel more like "pants." I just don't think they look flattering the way they're showing them.

Honored Contributor

These are leggings. 

I like leggings on other women...tall slim ones.  At 5'1' they don't look good on me.  I would have to wear a long tunic which makes me look shorter. 

While my legs are not heavy, I don't like my ungly knees outlined.  Since they tend to be tight, I find leggings generally ucomfortable and I can imagine that seam on the front of these to be annoying.