Trusted Contributor

@ScarletDove wrote:

Just saw these on Carolyn Gracie.....not attractive to me.....She said they were not like clown pants, but they certainly did look that way or even pajamas, at least on her....  I had enough of wide-leg pants from yesteryear, I wore them, I made them, I am tired of them in any form or fabric.....  They may be getting popular again and no doubt many will look great in them....

Susan Graver wears wide bell bottom jeans that drag on the floor--so very outdated, sloppy and unattractive in comparison to so many of her classy pieces. 

I just see them as nice comfortable and cool lounge pants-around the house...I bought a pair-even over a bathing suit.

Trusted Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal wrote:

I disagree completely. I think any pant that hangs straight from the hips down is much more flattering. It hides wide thighs and calves and looks dressier than slim, show every bulge styles .  They are also much more comfortable - you don't have to pull and tug the legs back down when you stand up because they don't ride up your leg. .I hope straight legs pants are really coming back.  Better yet, lets all wear whatever fits us best if they will continue to produce a variety of styles .

Yes-I think it's easy to look "put together" in the hot weather with items like these-quick, easy comfy and cool-and very pretty!

Honored Contributor

I don’t usually wear wide leg pants or print pants. I do own a few woven pants with wider leg openings that I wear with higher heels.  I thought the TSV was cute & looked comfy. I liked the palm print. Thought about buying as a lounge around the house pant instead of wearing my sweatpants but decided I didn’t need them. For those who bought - enjoy! 

Respected Contributor

Re: D&C Upcoming TSV

[ Edited ]

@KristinLS wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@ScarletDove wrote:

Just saw these on Carolyn Gracie.....not attractive to me.....She said they were not like clown pants, but they certainly did look that way or even pajamas, at least on her....  I had enough of wide-leg pants from yesteryear, I wore them, I made them, I am tired of them in any form or fabric.....  They may be getting popular again and no doubt many will look great in them....

Susan Graver wears wide "elephant-leg" jeans that drag on the floor--so very outdated, sloppy and unattractive in comparison to so many of her classy pieces. 

Wide leg pants are not a good look on heavy women or short women.  They add pounds and make everyone look bigger.  The super thin models can afford an extra 10  pounds  so that is why they get away with wearing these clown style pants.  Carolyn G should not wear them other than perhaps as PJ's when you are not concerned with looking nice.. just comfort.

@SeaMaiden  Absolutely spot on, could not have said it any better.  Carolyn wears other clothes that are much more complimentary....these pants do not work on her!

Everyone has different taste. I think she looks fabulous in this outfit, and it definitely looks appropriate to wear on any casual outing! I don’t like to wear shorts anymore, and this type of loose flowing pants are so cool and comfortable in the hot weather. I am really looking forward to getting the three pair I ordered 🙂

@KristinLS  The flower print is adorable but I could not wear the print with wide legs and not feel "too noticeable".  I hope you enjoy them and they look better on you than they would on me or Carolyn!