Trusted Contributor

D & C Bermuda shorts TSV 3/30

Well, ladies, I watched the whole two hours of the D & C show.  I enjoyed both Gary and Sandra very much.  I was admiring the shorts, and at the last minute decided to try them in the olive.  Like Gary, I am an olive lover.  I thought all of the ladies looked nice, especially Sandra.  But doesn't she almost always look fantastic!  Make no mistake, I"m not Sandra, but I still hope to look put together and comfortable as our weather gets warmer and we do some traveling this summer. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: D & C Bermuda shorts TSV 3/30

I started to watch and fell asleep...darn....then woke up just before it was over....I do like Sandra  and Gary....they are both soft spoken and work together nicely...

The shorts are cute...and a lovely choice of colors...if I didn't have a closet full of D&co pedal pushers I might have bought a pair or two....

Trusted Contributor

I don't do shorts, but they look nice. I am trying a couple of tops from the show. Hope they work out.

Honored Contributor

I took a chance and bought a pair of the TSV shorts in white.  Bermuda shorts are the only kind I'll wear, but I'm very particular about them.  They cannot be too wide leg or too narrow; these do seem to hit the mark as the description says they are "fitted."  We'll see. 

Honored Contributor

They never tell the exact rise and are probably way too high for me.  Rachel just said they go below her belly button and showed where her's was BUT she is tall with a long torso as are the models they show.   A 10 3/4inch or even an 11 inch front rise while still being a bit high for my taste would still work for me but even though they look great, I will not order because of that unknown even if they would be low enough in the rise for my short torso.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered them when I got the email - 3 pairs!  I'm always in jeans and jean shorts - these will be a good in-between length.  I ordered the same size as I did for the TSV jeans awhile back - always go up from the "click-here" and after washing perfect fit.  Hope these are the same.

Trusted Contributor

These shorts have the same issue as last year.  I watched the midnight presentation and once again neither Gary nor the host is addressing it.  Do you wonder why there is a different item number for colored vs denim selection?    That is because the Denim colors are 1" smaller in both the waist and hips then the Colored Denim choices.

I understand that fabrics take certain dyes differently, but I see no reason, with the volume QVC does, that you don't cut the fabric larger so that no matter what denim choice you choose, they will fit the same.  Unless people are looking very carefully at the size chart, that 1" difference can make one part of shorts fit and not the other.

Respected Contributor

@Pook   Aren't the measurements on the "click here" chart?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The 8's would be fine for me in the colored ones, but not so sure about the denim.  They are a little pricey for shorts imho.   I suppose QVC thinks that for those who order 1 colored and 1 denim in the same size, they will both fit, just one snugger than the other. Certainly most people will not look at the chart. 

Another thing holding me back is that (like Susan G.) I don't like my knees.  They are not beautiful, and having shorts go to just "that" point probably highlights the knees, possibly more than a shorter short.  Still, it's something different for the summer, might be handy.

Also, when it's hot and warm, why would you want denim? 

Still on the fence. Somebody push me over!

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

The 8's would be fine for me in the colored ones, but not so sure about the denim.  They are a little pricey for shorts imho. 

I agree.  I'm not interested in these anyhow but for as many as they will sell and the fact these are a Q house brand, these are horribly overpriced.  There is no value in these.