Honored Contributor

Re: D& C Beach Pants - Advance Order?

@Carmie wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I caught that show earlier.  I've never heard of "beach pants."  Never noticed anyone wearing them either on any boardwalks and/or beaches (Wildwood, Ocean City, Atlantic City). 

Once the beaches open up, I am really going to check out just who are wearing those pants.

I ordered a pair a few years ago because everyone was saying how wonderful they are.  I spend most of my summer on a boat in a swim suit, but like to be covered up on weekends when we are not alone.

I found them to be HOT.  The legs were too wide for my taste and the fabric pilled and attracted dog hair.

They are comfortable if you are home relaxed and have your AC on.  They didn't work out for me.

Now you know why you don't see them at the beach.

@Carmie 

“Real” beach pants are woven of lightweight fabric like linen or linen blends, not knit. They are great at the beach. These knit pants are strictly for wearing at home (IMO), and I only got them because I’m working full time from home right now. At this rate I will be back at work in the office before they arrive.

Trusted Contributor

I went ahead and ordered the black ones yesterday. Today they show as waitlisted. It's interesting that the color and size appear to be available until a day after you place the order. In factv they still appear to be available today! QVC has a real database and application issue 😒

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

I just cancelled the black ones. I'll get something else since I'm suspicious these would ever ship. 😒
KJPA
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mine were initially listed as Advance Order, but shipped April 15th and I received them on the 17th.

Respected Contributor

@KJPA Wow, amazed you were able to cancel your order after so many days “in process”. Checked on doing that with my “in process” order this morning and not able to cancel.
Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
@KJPAWow, amazed you were able to cancel your order after so many days “in process”. Checked on doing that with my “in process” order this morning and not able to cancel.

Sorry I was confusing. I just ordered the black ones and cancelled the next day because they were waitlisted. The others i ordered on day of TSV and I'm still waiting for two of those. 😊

KJPA
Honored Contributor

My second pair just shipped - the turquoise ikat.

Respected Contributor

@KJPA. Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

For me, another day still “in process”, getting to point of losing interest in even having them! ☹️
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kindaglitzy wrote:
@KJPA. Makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

For me, another day still “in process”, getting to point of losing interest in even having them! ☹️

@Kindaglitzy My second of three pair ordered on TSV day just shipped yesterday. The third pair is is still waitlisted. 😄 Hang in there! I found the first pair to be very comfy!!

KJPA
Occasional Contributor

I got mine today. Washed and dried them and the length seems ok. They are comfortable.