Esteemed Contributor

I bought a bigger rectangle fryer on the big A for a lower price.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee  I wasn't going to buy anything, but my DH said, "you know you want it, order it."  So I ordered it in red.  Like you, I have no idea where I'm going to store it.  I love Curtis' products, too.  Wish QVC would do the same as HSN with shipping.  HSN has more specials on shipping, plus their shipping is much quicker.

Question for you -- do you think the CS pan can be immersed in water.  I asked the CS rep and she really didn't know. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone TS on HSN

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker They really didn't address the issue of immersing it in water.  I would think once you remove the cord/plug it could be immersed in water.  They should include that in the instruction booklet and it should have been mentioned on the shows.  Glad you ordered one also.  I think it will be worth our "having to find storage" for it.

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee I called HSN and was told it is not immersable, but the woman didn't sound too sure.  I'll check the instructions. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It says 'Do Not immerse in water' under the specifications tab on the TS item page.

eta~  @Daysdee,  @coffee drinker 

Respected Contributor

@SeaGal Thanks for that info.  I looked 2 times and missed it.  Time for a third look.

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker @SeaGal I just looked at the product page and it does say do not immerse in water.  Doesn't matter to me as it will be easy to clean, but they should have mentioned that in the presentations.  I don't think they did.  Seems they made a point to avoid mentioning it.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@  Yes, it does as another poster posted.  Go thru these postings and you'll see.  The info is under the specs on the item page. Check it out.

@Daysdee   ETA see post 15 for that info.

Honored Contributor

I posted on another thread that I ordered it.  I think it will be great for home but especially for camping. This way I can put it on our outside table, plug it into the camper and cook or keep an eye on what's cooking while we're outside.  And I don't have to use the stove inside that heats up the camper.  

Super Contributor

I use an electric skillet quite often. The one I have has somewhat of a hot spot where the coils are so that area cooks faster than the rest of the pan. Have been wanting to try Stone's cookware so I ordered this skillet. Hoping it works for me.