Honored Contributor

Anyone ordering this?  It looks good to me but may be too large for my needs.  Free shipping on all Curtis Stone items today.

Honored Contributor

Correction:  HSN has free shipping on everything today.  

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee  Don't hesitate getting it because it may be too big for your needs.  Too big is better and more useful than too small.  If I didn't have an electric fry pan, I would buy this one. I have one of his pans and it's wonderful.  Think it's called a 14" everyday pan.  Not too sure about that name.  Clean up is as easy as Curtis says.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Curtis Stone TS on HSN

[ Edited ]

I was initially tempted because I like nearly all of his products with this coating on them.  But then I realized I was thinking in the past (for me) when I would collect all these occasional use kitchen appliances/tools.  I am at a different stage of life now and trying to keep my home & kitchen more efficient so I got rid of many of those things and now focus on items I use on a regular basis.  So, I will be passing on this item.  There is not much new in his last two visits that tempted me.  I LOVE his Durapan type items and would buy the right stuff, but not this visit.  

I planned to buy 6 over the sink trivets and two sets of the smaller pans (set of 3) but the freight was so high ($48) I just bought similar pans on Friday at Aldi's - got more pieces for much less money.  It is funny because had I known there was going to be free freight I would have just bought them from HSN and not looked elsewhere.  I also found I can buy the trivets for over the sink on Amazon and not have to pay freight, so I bought some there.  HSN & QVC's freight costs are really driving me away to other sources. I waited until Friday to see if there would be FF because I knew his first appearance was Friday and I have been burned before for buying early.  When it wasn't there I met my needs elsewhere.  I was really surprised to see at midnight that they were suddenly offering FF.  I am happy with my purchases - no regrets, but it was lost sales for HSN.
Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee 

I have a similar one, and although it makes cooking easier it's too large. I have actually packed mine away and keep it in my bonus room. It's too large for every day use. It's just not necessary unless you are feeding a family. I am single, so it's just a nuisance for me. Now that I have my cast Iron pots, I doubt if I will ever use it again. 

Regular Contributor

I purchased it in the green color that I love.  My oven and stove top are very old and I'm afraid that it may go so I will have a backup for cooking until I can purchase a new one.  We have several parties at our club house and there is not a stove top there so I can now take this with me and cook to my hearts content. 

We have a community garage sale after Labor Day so I think I will use it to make some type of snack and hopefully the aroma of food will get me some customers.  (I have a ton of things to get rid of, all my cast iron items) 

Valued Contributor

'I have 3 other electric cooking appliances in various shapes and sizes so won't be adding this one.  One of my favorites is Paula Deen's grille/griddle that has a removable lid and the cooking surface is two sided one for grill one for griddle.  Having an appliance like this does give you the ability to use it in places other than your stovetop.  I often take mine out to the deck and cook out there in nice weather which cuts down on the heat and smells in the house.  Of course you have to have an outlet available on the outside to use it.

Respected Contributor

I have his 8 inch skillet and use it everyday it's awesome. The Today's Special is a bit to much for my needs, but I'm sure it's great.

Esteemed Contributor

I could use a new electric fry pan. But square or rectangle would be better for potato pancakes. 

Honored Contributor

@coffee drinker  I caved  and ordered the TS in white.  I do make larger amounts at times since I freeze spaghetti sauce, etc.   I love his items--the clean up is so, so easy.   I'm sure I will find uses for this.  Now just to find a place to store it!  (The TS did sell out.)