Respected Contributor

Re: Curious about air fryer popularly

I have this in the 8 quart dual version and I LOVE it.  I use it almost daily.  If it broke, I would instantly buy another one.  I don't ever want to be without it.

Super Contributor

amyb, It all depends if you would use a mixer or an air fryer more often. I've been eating healthier over the last four years, so I don't bake very much anymore. My Kitchenaid sits in my closet & rarely gets used now. When I make whipped potatoes I bring it out & man that thing is heavy to move around. Although I don't use my air fryer everyday, I use it probably three to five days a week.

Honored Contributor

Over the years I've noticed that many of the people I know fry their food and it's almost a daily thing for them to do. Some of those people have decided to get on a healthier diet by not eating so much fried food. Many are overweight b/c of the extra calories in fried food. They've chosen to use an air fryer instead so it eliminates the need to fry food in cooking oil. 

Just from my personal observations of the people I know, it appears that there are many people who like eat 'fried' foods.

Respected Contributor

i think it's time to change the name of these things

nothing is being fried

its baking for the most part with moving hot air that crisps the sides and edges due to this.

i love mine ....i bake in it daily

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i think it's time to change the name of these things

nothing is being fried

its baking for the most part with moving hot air that crisps the sides and edges due to this.

i love mine ....i bake in it daily

@TheMemphisVette 

Good point. I've always thought of an air fryer as something like a mini convection oven where food is cooked by the air moving inside it.

Respected Contributor

What's the mechanical difference between air fryers and convection ovens?  My regular oven has a convection option.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

What's the mechanical difference between air fryers and convection ovens?  My regular oven has a convection option.

@Funloving 

Their size.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

I wondered the same thing. I also have a toaster oven that has a convection oven option.

Guess it is time to read the recipe book that came with it.

Trusted Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

@fairydogmother wrote:

Don't have one, can't imagine why I would need one. I've been putting meals on the table my entire adult life without one. 

What's the attraction? Am I seriously missing something?

I thought the same thing....until my son got me this one for Mother's Day. It has been a total game changer for me. The match cook/smart cook features are awesome. Cooking two different foods, at different temps and different times and having them ready at the same time...incredible. I haven't used my regular oven since. Everything I've cooked has been fantastic. Saves time, energy and calories. It has really made meal prep a whole new experience. I've been cooking for 50 years and this has been the best appliance I've ever owned. Once you try it...you'll wonder how you cooked without it.

I was going to write a response but you covered everything I was going say.
Your last sentence says it all!

Trusted Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I have this model and use it almost daily. I’m the time it takes my oven to reheat, food is nearly done in the air fryer. Last night I made chicken breasts in one side and sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts in the other. This morning my son toasted a bagel and heated some sausages.

Ninja air fryers are ceramic coated, not traditional nonstick. It’s super easy to clean.

We have this model also and absolutely love it.