Frequent Contributor

Re: Cuddl Duds TSV - Monday Nov. 1st

For me, this is a Cuddl DUD. I don't make negative posts, but I'm almost angry over this. It's like they just dialed it in, without giving it any care. And I love Cuddl Duds.

I hear you practical gals getting this as a pool cover up or for the house or bed. I mean no insult to anyone if you love it, this is my opinion only, most of this is a complaint about manufacturing. I didn't want to write because I didn't want to offend, but I feel strongly that this needs to be said.

Shacket??? With a bigger chest, this would gap open like crazy if I wore it like a shirt. I can see it happening on the models and Carolyn when she had it buttoned. Maybe 6" between the buttons or so...rubbish to call it a shirt.

The length is falling right at or just below the heaviest part of our upper thighs, creating a straight across, horizontal dividing line there, accentuating our width. Paired with snug fitting pants, the bulk on top is even more obvious. We've learned how to complement a woman's shape better than this - we aren't men.

Lastly, what's with the doubled up hem??? That stiffness contributes to the bulk because the garment sticks out, rather than laying flat.

With a shirt underneath as a jacket it's not as bad, but it's clearly not a "shacket" then. The poor attempt to market this is failing - it's obviously not tugging at most heartstrings. Still 95% green lights in Carolyn's show, which should have been its largest audience.

It appears to be appealing as a utilitarian piece and a jacket. Beyond that, we women are smarter than you seem to think, Cuddl Duds, no matter what you call it. 😡

Honored Contributor

Nice, and I'm a hoodie!

Would love to see detachable hoods on nice fleece/sherpa jackets/shackets.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

I won't buy any more tops that are longer in the back. Plus this one curls up in the back as you can see on everyone who's wearing it. I also hate those pockets that are not sewn down and flap around. I suppose trying to kerp prices down, but that looks very cheaply made. 

Respected Contributor

I think there is going to be a big return on this item mainly

because of the hem bulk and did you notice where the pockets

are, right in the side seam of the garment.  That's a cheap way to sew pockets.

I love Cuddl Duds and buy my fair share at other retailers but honestly, this doesn't look good on anyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@itsmagic wrote:

I just noticed in Sandra’s presentation that the pockets are the kind that hang loose inside the jacket (tacked down) and are not hidden between layers.  I’ve vowed not to buy any more clothing items like that.  I think it looks so unfinished if you leave the jacket unbuttoned. 

----------------

I noticed that too and am not liking that aspect of jacket!  Do like the blue and the olive plaids, but will probably not purchase because of the pockets not sewn down!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it would be quite warm and comfy, and if I had it I would definitely wear it. Some nice colors too.  However, it's a relatively inexpensive jacket with ordinary buttons with plenty of spacing in between, bulky hem, and side seams possibly not matching.   But to those who got it, I'm sure it will be useful and cozy too for the coming season, so enjoy it.  

Contributor

Did you see the inside of the jacket? The pockets weren't sawn down and hanging.... one model had  it one, the pocket was hanging below the front of this jacket....

Poorly made.... 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kindaglitzy    I have watched several presentations up close and it appears the plaids match up very nicely.

Esteemed Contributor

@LibbyLib    Do you feel better now?  Apparently a lot of smart women bought this jacket.

Respected Contributor

I am short, Kourtney's height, and it looks too long on her. I changed my mind on this. There is 1 more XS pink plaid available!