Occasional Contributor

I checked the zip code coverage for the TSV and it said that I did not have Tracfone coverage in my zip code area (21502) but I currently have Tracfone and it works perfectly?  Please tell me whether or not this phone will work in my zip code since I would really like to upgrade to a bigger smart phone.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Coverage Tracfone

[ Edited ]

I also use Tracfone service in my area & this phone will not work here because it's CDMA & only GSM phones work here. We have service with AT&T. 

GSM phone serivce thru AT&T or T-Mobile

CDMA phone service thru Verizon or Sprint

Super Contributor

@LisaLF wrote:

I checked the zip code coverage for the TSV and it said that I did not have Tracfone coverage in my zip code area (21502) but I currently have Tracfone and it works perfectly?  Please tell me whether or not this phone will work in my zip code since I would really like to upgrade to a bigger smart phone.  Thanks

@LisaLF The equipment technology offered by TracFone Wireless varies from state to state. The phones availability in your area is depending on the carrier that is supporting the phone's technology. However, you may also try to call our customer service hotline number to check the coverage in your area. ^Mabel

Super Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I also use Tracfone service in my area & this phone will not work here because it's CDMA & only GSM phones work here. We have service with AT&T. 

GSM phone serivce thru AT&T or T-Mobile

CDMA phone service thru Verizon or Sprint

@Nightowlz The equipment technology offered by TracFone Wireless varies from state to state. The phones availability in your area is depending on the carrier that is supporting the phone's technology. For the list of phones that will work best in your area or compatible, please visit our website at www.tracfone.com. ^Mabel