Respected Contributor

Re: Cotton and polyester sheets?

As posters have said, 400-500 TC is best.  Also, in a former post I mentioned that buying on “ feel “ isn’t a great decision....the coating can be washed out the first time laundered.

Cotton sateen has always been a good decision for me.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

I have bamboo sheets on the bed in our guest room -- extremely soft  !

Trusted Contributor

YEARS ago, I bought cotton/poly sheets from Target.  They are smooth, soft, and no pilling.  They feel cooler to the touch than my 100% cotton sheets.  I alternate between the sheet sets.  They both feel good to me, with the cotton feeling warmer and fluffier.  With all that said, I have no idea how the TSV would feel or wear.  I would purchase, but my 400 thread count cotton/poly sheets are still going strong.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about the sheets, but I do know that the polyester used in the clothes I buy now has very little comparison to the poly of 25 or 30 years ago.  Nothing I've bought recently pills the way the old poly/cotton did -  just lives on and on until I need a different fit.

That's pretty much how I know to ignore all the comments here about how awful poly is.  After all, the beloved Louis certainly wouldn't use so much of it if it were still the same as it was when it first showed up on the market, would he?

Respected Contributor

I see the reviews on the home reflections 1000 tc aren't very good.  Talk about them being scratchy and after a few washings start to come apart.  I'll skip this one.

Honored Contributor

I want 100 percent cotton sheets that are silky smooth and "slick".  I have found sheets from Portugal, as another poster said, JUST to my satisfaction.  I wouldn't buy sheets with poly in them.

Honored Contributor

I prefer cotton/poly blend sheets. For me they are not hot and I find them breathable. They are also easier to launder...dry faster with less wrinkling. You just have to find good quality ones and see for yourself. They are not all the same.

Honored Contributor

Poly is plastic which equals hot no matter how you spin it. I would not buy these if they were $1.

I have Bamboo sheets from Cariloha on our bed. They are nice soft & comfy plus cool to the touch.

Honored Contributor

Our current sheets are a blend of cotton and bamboo -- the best of both worlds.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

High thread count doesn't mean you are buying a better quality sheet.  Google how to buy quality sheets & learn.