Respected Contributor

Cotton and polyester sheets?

Hopefully, the textile industry has made changes in polyester!  I remember my mother had polyester sheets and they were horrible!  Since the TSV is a 50/50 cotton and  polyester combo maybe they are ok. 

Has anyone ever had these? What were they like? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Cotton and polyester sheets?

[ Edited ]

I was wondering how they could make a 2000 tc sheet set for this cheap?  59.99. Seriously.  A set of pillowcases cost more than that. 

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

I was wondering how they could make a 2000 tc sheet set for this cheap?  59.99. Seriously.  A set of pillowcases cost more than that. 

@shoekitty.  The polyester thread is probably about as fine as a hair so the can spin it with a cotton thread, making it capable of being 2000TC.  When regular cotton sheets are made they weave the threads individualy.  Nowdays you see high TC sheets sold rather inexpensivly because they twist two cotton threads together instead of weaving them side by side.  The finished product is rough and wrinkles terribly.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Polyester is never "cooling" no matter how they try and convince us! Yes, a little polyester will keep them from wrinkling. But it will not keep you cool!
Esteemed Contributor

When I was younger I worked at a highend store and we had a class on home textiles, now this was in the 1970s and what I learned about sheets has served me well and I will share with you. We were taught that a 100% cotton is best, and the instructor said any thread count over 400 is over processed to get to that thread count. The higher the thread count the rougher the sheets will become over time because the weaving process to achieve that count shreds and breaks down.  I personally would not buy the sheet set offered but thats my opinion. Have a great day, and Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms, Step Moms, Grand Moms,  Aunts, and Dads who are both Moms and Dads, your amazing and dont you forget it! 

Honored Contributor

Haven't had these but I remember growing up is was percales all the way that my mother bought. She hated those muslin things, not at all soft but very scratchy @this is my nic.

Honored Contributor

I had poly/cotton sheets when we came to Fl. They pilled terribly and I had to replace them. Now we use them to cover our plants when there is a threat of frost. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

What is with all this polyester in so many things? I do not want to sleep on that at all.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I'm not bothered by polyster being overly hot to me.  However, I'm highly suspicious that any sheets with polyster can provide "cooling".  I typically shy away from any sheets with a TC higher than 400-500.  

Trusted Contributor

I would not buy polyester sheets ever. Always buy pure cotton, Egyptian cotton, organic cotton, sheets from portugal are always very good quality. I have many sets from Pamela Klein Traditions store and Anichini. Just bought a cotton set from Target from the Opal House line and they are fantastic, super soft and washed well.