Honored Contributor

Re: Cottage Farms sedum 2017

[ Edited ]

@corita wrote:

@Jayjay wrote:

I wish they'd have different sizes to order.  I'm not sure I want to spend $50 and not know if they will strive in my area or take hold.

It would be nice if they had half an order and a full order to choose from.

--------------------------

Great suggestion!!  The reviews from past seasons are iffy...some worked and some did not.  I would try them if I could buy a smaller grouping too!!!

@corita    All the plants in the succulent collection are available at places like Lowes and Home Depot for considerably less money.   Why anyone would order from TV astounds me.   If you pick your own plants,  you can select varieties that are winter hardy.

Usually when succulents fail to thrive they're not getting enough sun or too much water.   They also like well-drained soil that's gravelly,  not rich potting soil. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I bought some from Roberta's a few years ago and I'm very impressed - they survive zone 5 weather.  All my cottage farm purchases have tanked.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@corita wrote:

@Jayjay wrote:

I wish they'd have different sizes to order.  I'm not sure I want to spend $50 and not know if they will strive in my area or take hold.

It would be nice if they had half an order and a full order to choose from.

--------------------------

Great suggestion!!  The reviews from past seasons are iffy...some worked and some did not.  I would try them if I could buy a smaller grouping too!!!

@corita    All the plants in the succulent collection are available at places like Lowes and Home Depot for considerably less money.   Why anyone would order from TV astounds me.   If you pick your own plants,  you can select varieties that are winter hardy.

Usually when succulents fail to thrive they're not getting enough sun or too much water.   They also like well-drained soil that's gravelly,  not rich potting soil. 

----------------------

I actually have some growing right now from Lowe's.  They did make it thru the winter, however our winter this year was mild!!  I still have not had to wear a winter coat!!

But I did like the mix of the TSV, just not so many at one time!  Will go back to my local stores...

Trusted Contributor

Hello, I had a neighbor 13 year ago give me a few picks of her sedum and it grows and comes back and I have given so much away and I love it.......it is great even in rocks....it will grow in rocks.