Trusted Contributor

Cost of new filter dyson cooler

Does not seem to be one offered? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Cost of new filter dyson cooler

Not even Dyson's website right filter for that fan!   I didn't find it on Amazon either.     Since Dyson's not making that model anymore (likely trying to unload what they have here), I think it could be hard to get filters for it.   Someone posted a review saying they'd been waiting 3 months!    And, the fan won't work if the filter needs to be replaced!     

The new model is wi-if enabled and works with Dyson's ap.  The one being sold today doesn't.    It's a good deal if you want it primarily for the filtration and don't care about using Alexa or an ap to change  settings or check air quality.   Assuming, of course, that filters will become & STAY available.

in my view, the Dyson is a $300 risk.

Honored Contributor

This morning, David said they're on wait list but they will be carrying them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If like David said, there's a wait list, I gather because the Q orders in bulk.

If I was the OP, I would call Dyson CS directly.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Maybe my research was wrong.   I found them for $59 on Dyson and another site.  The cost made me think twice about purchasing. Do not know what other brands run.

Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

The ones Dyson had fit the "link" with-fi version.    The machines look the same & so do the filters, but there's a note saying it doesn't fit the model the Q is selling 

with someone on waitlist for months, I wouldn't count on filters being readily available.  And, at $60-$70 a filter, who wants to stock up when they are?!   I wouldn't.   I was set to buy the TSV till I started looking into it.

Esteemed Contributor

This machine just doesn't make sense (to me).  I read some great reviews about it - some people even bought more than one.  But...from the minute I saw it today - I said this is nuts.  You really need an air purifier year round - and especially in the winter when the house is buttoned up with furnace dust, animal hair, cooking odors, etc., and you're trying to keep warm.  Why would anybody want to run a COOLING FAN in the winter?  But according to David - this machine isn't -a  this or that - you must run the cooling fan if you want to have cleaner air.  Not one of Dyson's best ideas.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Why would anybody want to run a COOLING FAN in the winter?  But according to David - this machine isn't -a  this or that - you must run the cooling fan if you want to have cleaner air.  Not one of Dyson's best ideas.

I've said it once so I'll say it again......

David can sell ice to Eskimos. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Nope I'm not calling, Qvc needs them in Stock now so people can be aware of on going costs.

Occasional Contributor

My thoughts this fan is future money maker for Dyson.  The replacement filters are $69!  Talk about high cost of ownership!  I'll stick with the Holmes Blizzard fan I have.  If I ever want an air purifier, I'll by one that is designed for just that and does a better job.