Frequent Contributor
I know people have been unhappy with their ribs. I love their ribs. I missed them on 5v. But I see the adds selling by the pound? I always bought the packs by two slabs of baby backs to a package. Think I got 2 ,4 or 6. They were delicious last year.
I don't have a clue what 2.3 lbs is. I want to see them but qvc is not showing that in the adds? Are they hiding that the slabs are small? I want ribs for my daughter and myself but now not sure what I'm ordering.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Corkys is confusing me now.

Honored Contributor

@Tigerfish2   Years ago I used to buy COrky's when he first came to the Q. They were plentiful for two of us and really good ribs. We always enjoyed them. 

I don't buy them anymore, not sure why. They may have then sold them by number of racks in the box because we'd get a couple of meals out of what I bought. 

Your wondering if 2.5lbs would be enough for two, I believe they would be, should be about 4-6 ribs for each of you.

Super Contributor

@Tigerfish2 On the presentation, Jimmy Stoval says there are 2 pieces of ribs in each pkg..so it looks like total there would be 6 pieces in the 3.75 lbs

Frequent Contributor

Actually I always bought them as racks not pieces. Two racks in a bag. So a bag was meal or two. Now its pieces? I don't want to pay 50.00 for pieces. Why are they doing this?
Thanks all, looks like no ribs again. Sorry Corkey's ,but bring back slabs please.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tigerfish2 I checked their website too and for $99.99 you get 4#'s of wings and 2 slabs (they do not give you an estimate as to how many pounds that is)

You are getting 3-3/4#'s of ribs, to me, that's a lot.   Doesn't look though that you are getting "slabs" rather than pieces ranging from 2-3 bone, if you were actually getting slabs they would of shown a slab but they are showing platters of 2 bone ribs.  I probably would eat 1 and 1-1/2 of what they are shown, there is plenty there.

If you like them, just order them and call them a "treat".

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't buy Corky's since we just make our own.

I have 3 slabs baby back ribs in the freezer they all weigh between 2.5 to 3 lbs around the $12 price range per slab. I also have a 2.24 lb slab of St. Louis style ribs around $9.

We can eat off a slab of ribs 2-3 days depending on what we eat with it. We usually only eat 2-3 ribs each. 

You can make your own you don't have to buy them.

Easiest way to make is to remove the membrane, sprinkle with salt, pepper & chili powder or spices you want, double wrap in heavy duty tinfoil, cook in oven 2 hrs @ 400°. Remove from oven brush with bbq sauce put on grill for a few mins. If you don't want to mess with the grill you can put under broiler a few mins or eat as they are. I really like them like this. They always turn out really tender. YUM!!! DH also likes to make them on the Pit Boss.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just finished receiving my last AD TS of Corkey's ribs. I had the six slabs, three in Smokey Blues, and three in Original. I cut each slab into halves after heating anyway  before eating (usually 3 bones x 2).  Some of the slabs were large, some were much smaller. 

My guess as to why the company made this change is so that they can get a more even/consistent serving size per package. This would actually be easier and less messy for me.

The reason I'm not ordering this Big Deal is because it is $10 more than the TS from the last time. Most of QVC's meat specials are $10 more (in the large configuration) than last year. I do realize that prices everywhere have increased. 

Esteemed Contributor

I got the 1 lb packages once & immediately called to return.  They refunded me & told me to keep them.  No meat, all gristle.