Honored Contributor

Re: Corky's Smoked and Glazed Turkey--My Review

I find ordering meat items from the Q is hit or miss. One XMAS I ordered a Kansas City ham and it was delicious. The next time I ordered one, it was so salty we could not eat it. I put some in a dish for my cat and he smelled it, licked it and backed away from it. I also had steaks from KCS that were so tough and tasteless my guests could not eat them. Of course the Q made good on everything, but I do not order meat any more.

Respected Contributor

So sorry you had that experience. 

I have only ordered a couple of food items from QVC and was disappointed in both.  A few years ago, I ordered Corky's ribs for our Memorial Day picnic.  They were horrible.  Nothing but bone and gristle.  I haven't ordered any food items since then. 

Valued Contributor

Corky's everything looks gross - ribs, turkey, etc. I would NEVER eat anything Corky's sells. WAY too much salt and fat.

Esteemed Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@SXMGirl  thanks for posting your review....I also ordered this TSV...mine is a mix set...one turkey and one ham!  I was thinking of having it for Christmas....NO WAY am I going to risk that!  Instead I will plan to open one soon...perhaps this coming weekend and try it out...I have had really bad luck with the few food items I have tried from Q.  The breaded chicken TSV awhile back is AWFUL...and so was the salmon they rave about!  WAY to fishy tasting...and we love salmon.  I have ordered a few "sweet" items that were really good...only the David's brand is terrible...stay away from them...dry awful everything.  

Again thanks for alerting me....I am expecting it to be disgusting just like you said it was.

----------------------

I have had good luck with David brand scones and brownies!!  Not dry...good flavor!!

Trusted Contributor

I have found that in many instances when something is described as Smoked it is too salty.  Corky's must have injected the turkey with a salty product and then added more to the glaze.  One of the many reasons I won't buy a food product from QVC.  Price being the main one.  

Respected Contributor

Sorry to the OP about your experience. I ordered that TSV also and ordered a turkey and ham and then cancelled right before it was going to ship!
Frequent Contributor

We had both the. Turkey and ham at Thanksgiving the turkey was not salty had a sweet flavor to it we loved it it was very moist the ham was great to I guess it depends on taste buds. We are having it again at Christmas.
Respected Contributor

@maggie04.. that’s the combo I ordered but cancelled. Glad it worked out for u!!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@maggie04 wrote:
We had both the. Turkey and ham at Thanksgiving the turkey was not salty had a sweet flavor to it we loved it it was very moist the ham was great to I guess it depends on taste buds. We are having it again at Christmas.

My experience was like yours. I ordered the turkey / ham combo twice. Ate one of the combos last month, and the other combo this month for Thanksgiving. Both combos were perfectly moist and tasty. My family enjoyed them and I wouldn't hesitate to order them again.

Respected Contributor

I love the Corky’s smoked turkey. Smoked turkey does tend to be salty. This product is nothing like a roasted turkey breast. If that’s what you were expecting, I can see why you’d be disappointed.