Honored Contributor

Re: Corky's Ham or Turkey TSV

The modified food starch is on the glaze for the ham and the turkey, not in the meat itself.

As far as the turkey, the chemicals are in the glaze.  

Super Contributor

I appreciate everyone's comments. I wasn't concerned about the chemicals. I wanted it to taste good. I had ordered the turkey but I cancelled it.  Sounded like a lot of people weren't happy with it. Thanks for commenting. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the ham (I think) a while ago and got a credit for it because it was awful. They make it looks so yummy, but it was not good and the glaze didn't work right or something. I won't be tempted today.

Esteemed Contributor

Its totally over priced. Especially the turkey Turkey is cheap at the stores. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

This food is loaded with sodium which is a no for me.  I make my own turkey breast.  I baste it this way:  I put a can of frozen orange juice in a sauce pan, melt it then add some honey to taste.  It oj adds a nice fresh taste to it and takes some of the sweetness out of the honey (only use organic honey).  I rub a little olive oil on the outside of the breast and when it is in the oven for about 10 minutes I start basting it.  It is delicious!

Honored Contributor

I purchased Corky's ham for the 12/9 delivery.  That's after Thanksgiving, and before Christmas.  A great in-between the holidays entree, since I don't want to freeze it.

It's 5 pounds @ $59.95. A very good price.

I loathe the grocery store hams that can taste rubbery, watery, and basically tasteless.  If Crkey's is anywhere near as good as Honeybaked Boneless Ham, which I love, I'll be very happy. Honeybaked hams are 3 pounds for $54.95 (in VA), plus you have to add shipping. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks to all who posted information about these products.  I had placed an order for both but cancelled after further research and tthe info provided by posters.