Regular Contributor

Re: Copper Chef Wonder Roaster TSV Price Reduction!

Probably not many pre-sales AND overnight sales. It had to be bad for the Q to actually drop the price the same day. Usually they'll just Flash Sale Easy Pays or free s/h to spur sales.

The Copper Chef pan market might have reached its saturation point on the Q. There is no exclusivity to it here.

Lunchtime Special, here it comes! LOL
Trusted Contributor

@Mayfayre wrote:

The Copper Chef pan market might have reached its saturation point on the Q. There is no exclusivity to it here.

ITA on the saturation.  How many Copper Chef products have been on clearance lately.  Personally I have the original pan which came out but I rarely use it.  The non-stick works but I prefer to use my Le Creuset instead.

Contributor

I believe this pan was not selling so they made a fast decision to reduce the price. To me this pan is cumbersome even though they say it is light. The one on Amazon for $99.00 is a 12 qt not a 9 qt so you are getting a bang for your buck. I am going to pass on this because I now I will not use all these pieces.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimomof4 wrote:

@Mayfayre wrote:

ITA on the saturation.  How many Copper Chef products have been on clearance lately. 

And EricTheiss also sells his copper stuff on infomercials ad nauseam.

Trusted Contributor

I saw the show this morning and Carolyn said the price was too high (I thought so too, last night).  She said they read the comments (Facebook??? No clue, cause nobody was talking about it here). She said they understood that people were on the fence about the product. 

She kept saying things like, "We get it.  You've got lots of gifts to buy and money to spend." "We can do better by you." "We had a meeting with one of our execs who is a mom and asked what she thought". 

"We lowered the price.  Eric got with Copper Chef and gave you free shipping".

Blah, blah, blah...Woman LOL

Last night 30 minutes into the show David said 1000 units had been sold.

9 am this morning Carolyn said 4000 had been sold.

So yeah, they were not selling. Only 4000 sold in 9 hours?Not good.  I've seen 4000 pairs of jeans sell in 10 minutes on here.

(If we are to believe the numbers they tell us) 

After the price drop, at 9:30 Carolyn said 8000 had been sold.  As they finished up at 10 am she said 11,000.

Anyways, I guess dropping the price got the moolah flowin' Woman LOL

I think Copper Chef has gone overboard with their products.  

It's overkill.

Respected Contributor

More likely everyone was glued to the election results.

Then when QVC saw the dismal sales in the midnight hour, they lowered the price to make the dollar target for the day!

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper

I thought it was a higher price last night, then saw the lower price today.  Hopefully, the people who bought it at the higher price will get the better deal. 

Honored Contributor

thank you so much @Caaareful Shopper for mentioning this price reduction.

i was considering this because i do like and use the copper chef items. the price reduction made it an easy decision.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

When I saw the price go down I assumed either it wasn't selling or maybe they found another retailer selling it cheaper?  It is an easy pass for me.  I broke down and bought an air fryer and I do like it, but I am at saturation point in the storage area of my kitchen and I really don't need something else on the counter.  Between my air fryer, oven, toaster-oven, slow cooker, microwave, I am done.  I don't even cook that much anymore!

Trusted Contributor

Almost 40,000 sold now.  Good thing they dropped the price Woman Happy