Honored Contributor

Re: Cook's Essentials cast iron set

Too heavy for me and the one piece of this type of cookware I have,  chips inside and out and the white interior gets dark and stained. I want lightweight, ceramic nonstick like Curtis Stones line. Not impressed with any of it. Wplant flowers in my chipped up pot and put it out on my deck.

Honored Contributor

@Colinka.........................It is from another country, not necessarily China.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

wrote:

@Colinka.........................It is from another country, not necessarily China.

Since they won’t say which country I think it might be China. If it were thenUSA, France, Italy or England, etc. they would say. 

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Since they won’t say which country I think it might be China. If it were from the USA, France, Italy or England, etc. they would say. 

Valued Contributor

@Carmie  I have Le Creuset and my white enamel surface got stained, too.  I called about this to Le Creuset and they said to try a few tablespoons of bleach and fill the pot with warm water.  Then, let the pot sit for just a couple of minutes, rinse, and dry well.  I haven't seen, however, anything as bad as the photo you have posted, so I am thinking that the Cook's Essential brand might have other issues that cause that issue.  I am so glad I didn't fall for the "push" from the presentations.  I'll stick with Le Creuset because they have a lifetime warranty and they stand by their products 100%.

wrote:

The TSV looks nice, but from my experience the CE cast is not as well made as it’s French version. it’s a much less expensive knock off.  It’s OK, but not as nice and looks awful if it is used often.

The white interior finish wears off exposing the gray cast iron under it.  I am attaching a picture where you can see where the white finish is wearing off.  It is also stained on the side walls..  The lid in the back is still white and like new.

i have two of these pans and they are both doing the same thing. They are still usable, but ugly.

AC04791E-2A5C-4421-A640-C6166014BDAA.jpeg

Valued Contributor

I have the exact same color and size of that pan in Le Creuset. Use it several times a week, for chili and soup. My interior is not stained. I wash it right away, and sometime use the cleaner I bought for my glass cooktop.  Use a Dobie pad for scrubbing. It still looks new.

Weiman Glass Cook Top Cleaner, 15 Oz

Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Since they won’t say which country I think it might be China. If it were from the USA, France, Italy or England, etc. they would say. 

Don't we, as consumers, have the right to know?  They must feel they have to hide it from us.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The staining doesn’t bother me all that much, but the rubbing off of the white coating and letting the natural cast color show through really bothers me.  The bottom of the pan is not stained...the finish is gone.  The staining is on the side of the pan.

QVC  always says how many coatings are applied to the cast iron to make it durable,  the outside seems durable enough, but clearly the inside is not.

It still works for me, but I surely don’t want to put a vessel like that on the table when company is over.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Carmine, Thank you for sharing your photo and post!  I was very tempted to add the TSV to my cast iron cookware collection (it is Le Creuset and Staub)  because the TSV was a very nice variety of pots.  I think I would have had buyers remorse cuz it just wouldn't have compared well to the ones I already own.  

Valued Contributor

I hate that ceramic coatings stain, but maybe they will and we have to accept that. Stopping using spray oil for that reason.

I got the blue set, delivered today. I worried about getting it from the office to my apartment but UPS delivered to my door. It was heavy. Guy offered to bring it in but I hate looking the weaking and don't want to trouble anyone. Now I have to take pieces from the box one by one lol. Heavy! But at $90, free shipping, and easy pay, I couldn't resist. I have enough pots and pans for awhile now.