Honored Contributor

Re: Constant mention of quantity remainingj)

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if that's supposed to incite a panicked rush to the phones to place orders?  Wouldn't affect me one way or another.  I have no interest in knowing how many have been sold or how many are left.  In about 2 weeks the "why hasn't my computer shipped" posts will begin.

I ordered my gift on December 23, and why isn't it here for Christmas? The hosts say guaranteed Christmas delivery.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Constant mention of quantity remaining

[ Edited ]

Host asking producer, "how many did you say we got in in the blue?" Host speaking to us "we got in 25,000 in in the blue"........host to producer "and how many do we have left in the blue?". Host to us "we only have 18,000 left in the blue".........Host to producer "how many did we get in in the red?"..........and so it goes, same routine for every stupid color over and over and over and over again. And each and every time this is referred to as an important update, sometimes so important it even requires interrupting the guest rep who is in the middle of explaining something. 

During the HP computer time slot for several days they said the quantity they have is all there is and no advance order. They stated even though it was set for a Sunday TSV what they have is it and they will not miraculously have more. On Saturday night Dan kept saying they had all the colors when on Friday they had sold out of some. So I called and was told by the rep that only gold remained in the 15 inch without office. But lo and behold come Sunday all of the colors were once again available. Very disappointed that QVC has to be deceptive in the way they sell their products. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Constant mention of quantity remainingj)

@missy1 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I wonder if that's supposed to incite a panicked rush to the phones to place orders?  Wouldn't affect me one way or another.  I have no interest in knowing how many have been sold or how many are left.  In about 2 weeks the "why hasn't my computer shipped" posts will begin.

I ordered my gift on December 23, and why isn't it here for Christmas? The hosts say guaranteed Christmas delivery.

And remember David V. assuring everyone things ordered will be delivered in time for Christmas.  They have been doing this for 31 years and QVC knows how to do it right.  Yeah right.

Honored Contributor

If I am considering something and know I want it but maybe I want to wait a week or so for my monthly deposits it is something I want to know.  If there are very few of what I want then I will order then since I know I definitely want it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leah A wrote:

During the HP computer time slot for several days they said the quantity they have is all there is and no advance order. They stated even though it was set for a Sunday TSV what they have is it and they will not miraculously have more. On Saturday night Dan kept saying they had all the colors when on Friday they had sold out of some. So I called and was told by the rep that only gold remained in the 15 inch without office. But lo and behold come Sunday all of the colors were once again available. Very disappointed that QVC has to be deceptive in the way they sell their products. 

@Leah A, one of the former hosts mentoned sometimes she can get something that was 'sold out' an hour or two later because shoppers change their minds, take things out of their carts, switch colors & sizes or cancel orders.

Trusted Contributor

@makena wrote:

It's important information for people that are considering a purchase.

I have found it very helpful, just recently I wanted to order a throw in a certain color and I would have missed out getting it by waiting too long if they had not mentioned that it was very limited and almost sold out.  A month later the color is still sold out, so I am sure glad I ordered it when I did.