Contributor

I was in London for a couple of days and walked a lot.  One day I wore my Ryka walking shoes and the other day I wore a pair of Vionic slip ons.  My feet did much better with the Vionics than they did with the Rykas.

Respected Contributor

I used to love Ryka in their early days on QVC. They felt great right out of the box, had great arch support, fit well and I could wear them for about 6 months of daily 2 mile walks before I had to replace them. About 10 years ago, the fit changed so that I needed a half size larger (others have experienced this). More recently, many of their shoes switched to foam insoles instead of their former soles, which were closer to orthotics and provided better arch support. I still wear Ryka sneakers, but not for any real walking. I also recommend you go to a shoe store where they'll measure your feet (like the Good Feet Store or something similar) and have a variety of shoes to consider. This is a situation where the shoes you wear can make or break your trip. Bon voyage!

Valued Contributor
The insole does come out
Respected Contributor

Re: Considering RYKA TSV

[ Edited ]

I do like Ryka, but when iknow I will be walking a lot, I go for extreme, serious cushioning sneakers, like Hoka brand- Out last vaca, we walked 11 miles one day. The Hokas and extra cushion socks saved me- I think the padding on my feet is changing with age... 🙄

The TSV don't look very cushioned, although that's fine for basic daily wear...

Respected Contributor

There are so many shoes that are truly comfortable and are not sneakers. Go to websites that talk about traveling and walking a lot and see what is recommended. Pick out a few brands that keep popping up and then see if Zappos carries that shoe. You can wear them around your house for a long time and see if they are truly comfortable for you. Zappos has a return policy of a year and free shipping  and handling.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Considering RYKA TSV

[ Edited ]

I used to like Ryka's years ago. I started having to return them, as they were not as well-made and also very narrow in the toebox. The company was bought out, and they changed the quality and fit.  Since I got tired of paying for returns, I switched Sketchers, which I feel more comfortable.

Honored Contributor

Rykas are made for a woman's foot so in that regard I like the fit.  What I have found, however, is that the top of the heel area comes up too high and repeatedly hits my lower ankle, which is annoying and painful after while.  

Trusted Contributor

I like SAS for walking shoes and their made in the USA .

Respected Contributor

I used to wear Ryka's all the time and then they seemed to change.  Before you purchase, maybe check out reviews on Amazon. 

For some reason, I've found too many online stores now only publish the good reviews!

Respected Contributor

I have several pair of Ryka.  If you are going to buy Ryka get the Devotion not the Skywalk.  They fit completely different.  I bought one pair of Skywalk and they feel flat and don't have the support or padding that the Devotion has.  In fact, I only wore the Skywalk twice and now it sits in the back of the closet.  Watch the video and see how easy it is to bend the toe box.  Not enough support there.