New Contributor

Conflicting information on TSV Tracfone

[ Edited ]

I have read two different answers to the question "How long can I keep the tracfone without activating it?"  One answer suggested that it could be activated within a year but the promotional minutes would be lost after 60 days.  The other answer simply indicated that it could be activated within a year but did not address the issue of losing the promotional minutes.

My question is "How long can I keep the tracfone without activating it and still keep the promotional minutes?"  

Thank you for your answer.

Super Contributor

Re: Conflicting information on TSV Tracfone

@Carrie47 wrote:

I have read two different answers to the question "How long can I keep the tracfone without activating it?"  One answer suggested that it could be activated within a year but the promotional minutes would be lost after 60 days.  The other answer simply indicated that it could be activated within a year but did not address the issue of losing the promotional minutes.

My question is "How long can I keep the tracfone without activating it and still keep the promotional minutes?"  

Thank you for your answer.

@Carrie47 Please be advised that you can activate the TracFone within 1 year from the time of purchase but you must redeem your promotional package within 60 days from the order date. Requests for promotional service after this period will not be honored. ^Tiffany

Occasional Contributor

Wow, I'm really disappointed to hear that the promotional minutes go away if not activated in 60 days. This was NOT made clear in the several presentations I watched. The on-air presnters definitely suggested many times that this purchase wouldbe a good Christmas gift. However if the clock starts based on ORDER date, the gift recepient would likely have only two days to activate assuming they even opened it on Christmas day??? Not only was this not made clear in the presentations I saw, its definitely unfair b/c almost all selections were only offered with delayed ship dates right from the start. 

Super Contributor

@dutch girl wrote:

Wow, I'm really disappointed to hear that the promotional minutes go away if not activated in 60 days. This was NOT made clear in the several presentations I watched. The on-air presnters definitely suggested many times that this purchase wouldbe a good Christmas gift. However if the clock starts based on ORDER date, the gift recepient would likely have only two days to activate assuming they even opened it on Christmas day??? Not only was this not made clear in the presentations I saw, its definitely unfair b/c almost all selections were only offered with delayed ship dates right from the start. 

@dutch girl We are sorry for the confusion. The phone can be activated anytime. The promotional airtime that comes with the phone is good for one year from the date of activation. ^Shelly