Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF 

Do you feel the same way about the Tweak'd guy retelling the story of his mother's illness in every presentation?  He used to always add, "I'm tearing up now" --  on cue, in every presentation.  He used that hesitation in his voice when saying it.  At least he's stopped with that tearing up statement lately.

I don't like it either, but all the vendors use a story to grab at your emotions.  It's the sure-fire way to get sales from those who are hearing it for the first time, or who impulse shop on their emotions.  That story helped win over the judges on Shark Tank, so I don't see it going away, ever.

Honored Contributor

Didn't I hear David announce over 90,000 sales and rising late last night?  Something, someone sold a whole lot of "awful."

Trusted Contributor

Of all the vendors with a story I mind theirs the least.  Granted it was told over and over again on every presentation but it wasn't sad it was what it was.   While the comfy is not my thing, I don't mind these guys at all.

Honored Contributor

@Othereeeen   Very funny and probably mostly true!  Thanks for the laugh!!!

Honored Contributor

Reading this thread I'm so glad I do not watch the presentations.  What a waste of time!!!

Esteemed Contributor

New people tune in everyday, so I get it they want everyone to hear their tales of woe, but the problem is the viewers that have been around tune out. They should try to shake it up a little and change the narrative. You can tell a story many different ways to make it more palatable. 

Respected Contributor

The b.s. "story" that has been used a zillion times to sell products ranging from makeup to skin care to fashion etc., the one that is so patently phony, is this:

"I couldn't find anything like this in the marketplace so I invented it myself"

or some slight variation of that theme. In most cases there was plenty of it available in the marketplace. But to lure the consumers the hucksters had to come up with something to make their products sound unique and exclusive. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen a presentation so I don't know the story.  

But I cannot stop laughing at @Othereeeen's story of the holiday gathering.  ROFLOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I have the original Comfy & my sister gifted me last years.  I live in the cold mountains & love mine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@minimalistWF 

Do you feel the same way about the Tweak'd guy retelling the story of his mother's illness in every presentation?  He used to always add, "I'm tearing up now" --  on cue, in every presentation.  He used that hesitation in his voice when saying it.  At least he's stopped with that tearing up statement lately.

----------------

Or Josie's Argon oil story or Angel's Factory jean story or the Fiona's Leg exerciser deal.  They all have a background story.  And it does get monotonous after awhile...I just tune them out or change the channel!!