Respected Contributor

I've never even watched a presentation of the Comfy, so I wasn't aware of the story.  When they first started selling them I thought they were awful.  Then, I turned my heat DOWN and decided to get one, and I pretty much live in it during the cold months in Michigan. 

Super Contributor

@minimalistWF   Although the Comfy is not junk, I have the original and ordered 2 more, I agree with you.  Can't handle their story any more. Just sell it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Comfy Divorce

[ Edited ]

@Othereeeen  I was getting a full visual on your description of the sappy holidays and burst out laughing spitting my tea everywhere. But OMG thank you I needed that laugh today. Sounds like you know my family LOL My Family would be a combination of your description with the added Nutty Professor dinner scene, Aunt Milly rips one at the family dinner table thinking it is funny while little Johnny is laughing at her with his mouth full. Gee wonder why I hated the holidays? But hey we would have on our matching ugly Christmas sweater or jammies. Yup a swanky affair it wasnt....one to remember with a cringe...yes. LOL

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Didn't I hear David announce over 90,000 sales and rising late last night?  Something, someone sold a whole lot of "awful."

@millieshops I tuned in at the final presentation with David and on the screen it said 109,000 sold. Wow. David looked uncomfortable in the comfy and it was so short and tight on him. 

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I agree with the divorce story being overdone.  Don't forget about David V and selling that ceramic tree made by Mr. Christmas.  His Mimi's tree or however you say it.  He tells the story gets all  chocked up.  It's all an old sales tactic called playing on people's feelings and I unfortunately have fallen for it many times... not anymore.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda   TY. When I saw David in the Comfy, I did wonder how one size could work for him and for JT who I saw start the TSV.  But I also heard a phone call from a buyer from last year buying more so lots of people may be pleased--  now I hope they ship so I don't have to read a gazillion shipping complaints.

Occasional Contributor
Well said!!! 😂🥴🤣
Occasional Contributor
Oops…meant this for another post.

Well said to you, too, @BabyYoda! 😁
Respected Contributor

@Othereeeen, I find the thoughts of your type of large family gatherings very sad. Some families actually do love and respect one another and even enjoy each other's company.

Frequent Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

@Othereeeen, I find the thoughts of your type of large family gatherings very sad. Some families actually do love and respect one another and even enjoy each other's company.

@Etoile308 You're very fortunate to have a family like that, or even a family at all. Far too many people around the world don't experience many happy family gatherings, and your comment, steeped in superiority, rubs their faces in it.

I suspect @Othereeeen was being mostly playful, and many of us appreciated her humor. It makes the rest of us, with our imperfect families, feel a little better because we're not alone.

Perhaps I judge your intentions harshly, but your unecessary reply is what I find sad. It wasn't loving or respectful towards her or anyone else who isn't as blessed as you are. Maybe you can ask your family members about compassion and tact at your next gathering.

@Othereeeen You are one hilarious lady, and you aren't alone! Smiley Happy