Super Contributor

Good grief I've never seen anyone use their divorce story over and over and over to sell 5X sized sweatshirts!!!  Why can't they just say that the comfy was thought up during a tough time and move on?  We don't need to hear how he was moaping around and taken in by his brother to sell this junk!!!

Respected Contributor

I just saw one a little while ago, those are awful.

Respected Contributor

You can't handle the truth...lol. I have several Soho plushed back zip front hoodies so don't need one but they're not awful. Hope buyers are pleased & enjoy their Comfy. Be well @minimalistWF.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

If the story sells the product then it's ok..obviously, it worked!!

Its like as much as I love Beekman their story is old and tired.  It's now a channel changer for me & frankly, they were doing a FN show long before the farm so they were far from broke!

this repetitive story has stopped me from buying ...

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 Very well said!  The dramatic Beekman story of the farm is another drawn out sales tactic that is way overdone.  I only bought one TSV from Beekman and thought it was quite average.

Honored Contributor

There are other things I don't care about them anymore as they live very comfortably, and the "sickening sweet"  stories are repetitive.

I used to have a arsenal of Beekman now I use Dove unscented with same results🙂

Honored Contributor

Ah yes........Jennifer (Serious Skincare) used to tell a "story" about how she used to clean her own bathrooms........

You can google the "Stallone Mansion" if you wanna take a look

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Re: Comfy Divorce

[ Edited ]

Let's not forget the 80 year old french woman using argan oil.

Respected Contributor

The Comfy guys need to tell the REST of the story.....

"Over ONE MILLION SOLD on QVC!!!" they squeal with delight!!! ( At 39.00 a pop....that's 39 MILLION dollars!!!")

Now lets hear how the ex-wife used to nag him..."When are you going to get a REAL job?!?!?!?" before the divorce.....or maybe he never communicated too well....or whatever the reason.....

Who's nagging now?!?!?!?

Respected Contributor

Re: Comfy Divorce

[ Edited ]

When you really think about it....almost ALL of the vendors and hosts have cornball stories to tell about the products....

The thing that gets me is the concept of millions of people dropping by, and you needing to have a "gift closet"....or a gift for everyone you smiled at in the last year...

And the idea of these large families full of smiling, laughing, compassionate people gathering for the Sappy Holidays....when we mostly know how these gatherings turn out.....Political fights, Uncle Richard gets roaring drunk, removes his clothes and dances a jig on the table, drop kicking a bowl of soft cheese to the ceiling*, the kids and teens are all staring at thier "devices" the whole meal, and wouldn't care if you served chopped cardboard chips instead of overpriced QVC "sides" in Temptations "centertaining" pieces, and the "cook" is stressing thinking about January's credit card statement when she has to pay for all this prepared ****** that she bought off TV, and the kids are screaming for hotdogs.

But at least they'll all be oh so cute in thier matchy matchy Comfies or MukLuks Cabin socks and PJs!!!!

*RIP John Cheever!!!