Honored Contributor

Much as I like David, he's truly the worst about wasting so much time with color updates.  He always seems almost frantic, with the constant interruptions of the presentations to update us on the colors.

Honored Contributor

I need to know the color differences.  I've found some slacks I really like and there's about 30 colors.  I want to get the correct colors I want.  There can be 3 blues for instance.  There's also other colors that may be new and I need to know what they call it.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

David does it so often.  I was thinking about it and maybe some of them use it as a break in the conversation.  They don't have to think of anything to say except name the same colors again that they probably already know by heart.  They get a minute of not having to think of a glowing remark about the product while they rattle off color names.  Smiley Happy 

perhaps that is an indication of spending too much time on a product....

move on an sell something else

they could also scroll how many of each color are left on the screen 

Respected Contributor

Remember that sometimes people aren't tuned in at the beginning of a presentation, so they've missed some of it, and it needs to be repeated for them.  I know that has happened to me.

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

If David couldn't hover over each color every 5 minutes he would lose his mind. I think that is the highlight of each presentation for him.

Respected Contributor

@Lila4Now wrote:

David just likes to exert control over the presentation.  When the focus isn't on him, he interrupts the vendor to show colors.  I would prefer he let the person presenting the product give us more information.  But, David makes the show all about him, and not the products.

@Lila4Now - I don't think it is the host who makes the decision when to go to the colors.  It is the producer telling them what to do.  If the producer says go to the colors that's what they do even if it means interrupting their vendor. 

Honored Contributor

@Rugermama wrote:

Why so much emphasis on the color of presented item??? It's so time consuming. Rather than focus on the product they keep going over (and over) the colors. Midnite when the cast iron pan was presented the host went to the colors 3 times in less than 15 minutes. Forget-about-it when they present lock n lock or temptations!!

Couldn't agree with you more.  When they present the Lug crossbody, 1 or 2 minutes are spent on the interior and other features but 10 minutes on the colors.  Is that so important?  Same thing happens with other products.  Talk about the features, fabric.  Colors should be incidental plus we can see what they are.

Respected Contributor

Charisma Linen presentation kept going over colors, and never supplying critical purchase info.

The measurement of towels, the depth of fitted sheets was never mentioned, only that the towel was very big, with it shown against the body, how do I know how tall she is. The sheet fit her deep mattress, so what?

This with an hour presentation.

Honored Contributor

It's ironic when you want to know more specific information about size or how something works, you get sent to the website but when it comes to colors, we have to listen to the host drone on & on, over and over, pete and repeat.

And yes, I do change the channel.

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

David does it so often.  I was thinking about it and maybe some of them use it as a break in the conversation.  They don't have to think of anything to say except name the same colors again that they probably already know by heart.  They get a minute of not having to think of a glowing remark about the product while they rattle off color names.  Smiley Happy 

@santorini  I get the feeling there is someone in David's ear reminding him to do the colors because he'll stop mid-sentence to repeat them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment