Respected Contributor

Color names for KA...could be done better...

I love Kitchen Aid. With that said, I hope they don't specifically pay anyone to name the colors. I think they do a terrible job of it. Cranberry does not look like the color of cranberries, and the same with guava, bird of paradise, my color raspberry ice ( gorgeous but it's a bright pink, raspberries are not THAT color). What is a blue willow anyway? Ill have to look that up to see how wrong I am. 

It makes me chuckle, just sayin'.

Respected Contributor

Re: Color names for KA...could be done better...

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

I love Kitchen Aid. With that said, I hope they don't specifically pay anyone to name the colors. I think they do a terrible job of it. Cranberry does not look like the color of cranberries, and the same with guava, bird of paradise, my color raspberry ice ( gorgeous but it's a bright pink, raspberries are not THAT color). What is a blue willow anyway? Ill have to look that up to see how wrong I am. 

It makes me chuckle, just sayin'.

@LizzieInSRQsome of the names are different...about a month ago there was a survey on the Q that popped up when you were searching for KitchenAid mixers that asked questions about new colors and whether or not you would buy that color.  I thought some of the names were a little strange and did not match the actual colors. Now I see several of those names/colors are being presented during today's TSV!

Honored Contributor

Re: Color names for KA...could be done better...

The bird of paradise is gorgeous.  I saw photos of several KA items in that color in a magazine.  It should have been named "coral" in my opinion.    A lot of the blue colors have names that are misleading.