Honored Contributor

Re: Clarks TSV for Sat.7/22

[ Edited ]

I bought a pair of shoes that look just like these at least 10 years ago from Nordstrom Rack.  I do not remember the name brand.  

In my defense, I was out of town on our annual x-mas shopping weekend.  We had been out shopping from 7 a.m.,  I wore the wrong shoes and my feet were killing me by early afternoon.  I wanted something comfortable and these fit the bill and weren't expensive. 

When I got home that night I took them off and never wore them again.  In fact when I packed them up to come home, I started laughing and wondered what the heck I was even thinking.  My sister said "I can't believe your feet hurt that bad."  ROFLOL     

Super Contributor

I think that they are cute shoes.  I will likely order the black pair, but might wait a few weeks and get a pair of the "as is" from the guaranteed returns.  It would be nice though if Clarks could figure out how to do colored goring to match the suede.  Not a big fan of the contrast black goring on the other colors.

Respected Contributor

They are not for me, but I don't think they're worth trotting out the derogatory language. I wouldn't think twice (in a negative sense) if I saw someone wearing them out and about  -- they're just a chunky suede loafer for fall/winter, very "Clarks," something that has sold well in the past. [shrug]

Respected Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

They are not for me, but I don't think they're worth trotting out the derogatory language. I wouldn't think twice (in a negative sense) if I saw someone wearing them out and about  -- they're just a chunky suede loafer for fall/winter, very "Clarks," something that has sold well in the past. [shrug]

@jonbon Thanks for your kind post.  I just received two pairs of this upcoming tsv, and the shoes are fabulous.  Very comfortable and very stylish.  I don't care what these women say about these.  I love these shoes and it was a great buy for me.  I take what these women say with a grain of salt.  They're far from fashonistas. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Clarks has more stylish shoes on their website. They often have good sales. I don't think these shoes are ugly but they are not my style. I have a lot of their shoes and I love them. 

I have every color of their Whistle Bea ankle boots. I bought most of them from DSW. They were half the price of the Q. So I shop around before I purchase.

DSW is having a sale on their website; $10 off $49, $20 off $99 and $50 off 199. They have some nice styles for Clarks on the website. You can use code Sunny2017.

Respected Contributor

On both channels they have really shown some ugly clodhoppers lately.  No one wants comfort more than me but shoes that make your feet look big and clunky or manish are not for me.  Also I wish they would make more shoes in a navy not bright blue.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess if the rest of one's body and style looks matronly, these will look matronly. If one doesn't look matronly, these would be cute.  Case in Point: Look at Amy wearing a Quacker sweater and leggings right now. She looks great! Some of the other models in Quacker..... not so much.

If they had been a different brand, I might have tried them, but I haven't found Clarks to be comfortable enough for me.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear a larger size shoe; often a winter shoe in size 7 might be cute but not so much in a 10. I will pass on these as I'm afraid I would end up returning them.

Eta that I wish they would give the model shoe size, as would be a good reference point for how a shoe might look in a larger size.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

"Pretty" ugly and so not my style. The ultimate "comfort" shoe. 

It looks like a man's shoe, nothing feminine about it at all. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I ordered these in rust, a very unusual color but one that will go with a lot of my clothing.  A little design detail or a bit of hardware would have gone a long way to make this shoe more attractive.  We'll be wearing with long pants and much won't be seen anyway. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment