Contributor

I ordered the Clark's Water Resistant Boots early, and here are my thoughts on them:

I chose the pewter in my regular size. They look absolutely beautiful, and length-wise, they are perfect. However, the heel cup is exceptionally wide. It is wide to the point that I walk out of these boots with every step. The only thing keeping them on is the fact that they tie at the ankles. They are a medium width, but the heel is enormous. Wearing a thick sock does not provide enough padding to keep them on.

Now, I know that the rep from Ryka (a different company, yes, but...) has said a million times that a woman's foot is wide in the toe and narrow in the heel. That thinking does not apply here. I have the Clark's Whistle Bea Boots and LOVE them, but these are made way different.Back they go. HTH.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the review.  I have an extremely narrow heel, so I surely would have been upset about that boot (I normally don't have a problem with Clarks).

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I think these pre-reviews are very helpful - thank you!  Not that I would be buying anyway, but for the people who will be. 

Valued Contributor

Anyone have the item #? Thanks.

Respected Contributor

That was an excellent review New Leaf and helpful to many.  

I just returned a pair of Soft Spot loafers that had exactly the same problem.  Shoe perfect, but the heel too wide.  

The Ryka rep is correct - a woman's foot is wide in the toe and narrow in the heel.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you New Leaf for the review. I was debating ordering these boots but 

after your great review I'll probably hold off. Last thing I need is to slip out of boot even if wearing thick socks. 

Respected Contributor

They look very nice.  Too bad they didn't fit better.  You can buy those things which stick in the heel for a better fit, but it's best to get a boot that fits correctly in the first place. 

Contributor
Thanks New Leaf does the pkg have a temp. range they keep foot warm many boots say down to 0 degrees or -20 degrees... more fashion or for cold weather, I live up North important fact I did not hear in presentation. Also is the faux sherpa removable for cleaning? Or instructions to clean so it doesn't get matted... thank you..for your help
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the review @New Leaf. I am comtemplating buying these Clarks.

I also have problems with my heel flopping out of shoes and boots. I bought these little gel heel cups and they are absolutely great! They are easy to take in out of shoes and boots and it totally stops my heels from slipping - even in some White Mountain boots that I bought a half-size too big.

I'd recommend trying these before sending your Clarks back. I found mine at Big Lots for $2.50 and went back and bought several more packages. I think other shoe stores will have them too.

Honored Contributor

@New Leaf wrote:

I ordered the Clark's Water Resistant Boots early, and here are my thoughts on them:

I chose the pewter in my regular size. They look absolutely beautiful, and length-wise, they are perfect. However, the heel cup is exceptionally wide. It is wide to the point that I walk out of these boots with every step. The only thing keeping them on is the fact that they tie at the ankles. They are a medium width, but the heel is enormous. Wearing a thick sock does not provide enough padding to keep them on.

Now, I know that the rep from Ryka (a different company, yes, but...) has said a million times that a woman's foot is wide in the toe and narrow in the heel. That thinking does not apply here. I have the Clark's Whistle Bea Boots and LOVE them, but these are made way different.Back they go. HTH.

Oh, that's too bad you have to return them because of fit. I was considering purchasing them but in all honesty I really don't need another pair of weather boots. I have about 5 pairs (I have a love for shoes and especially boots)!