Respected Contributor

Re: Clarks TSV - Tuesday, October 18, 2022

QVC is saving me lots of money, as I am not a first time shopper nor do I have a Q card, so no free s & h for me.

HSN; however, is offering free s & h on a total shopping bag over $75.  One can shop all day and at the end of the day the s & h are taken off.  This is great because one won't miss out on sell outs.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Valued Contributor

I think they are ugly.  Not even a second thought.

Trusted Contributor

@luvzchizBe careful with that HSN free shipping offer. They have run that a few times now and I didn't confirm what they meant. For the time I got tripped up the deal was $75.00 PER ORDER (even if 3 or 4 items in one order) and it would get free shipping.

It was not cummulative during the day and shipping removed at the end of the day. I made a few orders throughout the day and they were all charged shipping. When I asked why, I was told the order had to be in one basket.

They would not remove the shipping because my orders were not placed in one order. I was able to cancel the few things I really didn't need. The other 2 things I did need and I paid 2 shipping fees.

Just an FYI. Might want to check the fine print or call them to confirm what they actually mean.

Trusted Contributor

Well I snoozed and I loozed.  LOL

I can get the tan on waitlist.  But think I am going to pass.  

Trusted Contributor

I did get the TSV and the only reason I am grumpy about it is because Clark's, for years and years, have always been in the $59.00(ish) range for TSV's. Bumping up to $75.00 feels like a huge increase.

I am annoyed with all the companies that are bumping prices on things "just because they can" right now and call it inflation. I could not believe how much Walmart prices have gone up! I needed a bath mat, the same one I buy all the time and replace when it gets grungy. For years it has been $7.97 and I would buy 2 so I wouldn't have to go to Walmart just for a bath item. I try to stay out of there because I never go in an get ONE thing. I come out with 10 things.

I needed one this week, went to Walmart and the exact same bath mat I buy was now $13.00. !!!????!?!?!? I just don't buy into everyone MUST raise their prices by such a big jump because they can.

Clark's is a huge company, all their shoes have always been real leather. It's not like being real leather is new to them. I like these booties because they are flat (my balance has been off lately), but mostly because Clarks is the only shoe company that manages to make a true navy blue. Not "shades of Navy blue". They nail the navy blue color.

I have been though a lot of inflations in my life and this is how it always is. They over inflate their price at the height of it, and then when inflation starts to cool, these might come back at $69.00(ish) and they will make a big deal over the price. Reality is they still managed to raise the price by $10.00 which in normal times people would protest.

Rise and fall of prices is normal, but things never come back to where they were. In between inflations companies raise their prices by small amounts that people just pay, OR they decrease the size of products and think we don't notice. It is just annoying.

Boots are cute though. I never have a problem with Clarks sizing. I am a straight 6 and they always fit for me.

Respected Contributor

I don't like that bottom (I think they call it "rice") but they seem to be fond of it because I've seen it a lot lately.  

Respected Contributor

This Clark's TSV just looks like several of the regular shoe styles Clark's promotes, but with coverage up on the ankles.  Some colors look attractive, but the leather does not appear to be very good quality.  The soles look glued on.  I'm just guessing, but they don't look like they will wear well for very long-maybe one season.  I have not bought Clark's in years; several pairs disappointed me.  A big issue I had was that the heels were too large and slipped on my feet.  I don't know if that problem has been corrected, but a lot of QVC customers posted that they had the same problem.

Respected Contributor

I know it sounds weird but what I don't like about many of the new ankle boots is the gap around where your ankle is and the end of the top of the boot.  

I have a few ankle boots from QVC that I purchased years ago.  Most of them are from the Etienne Aigner line.  They fit snugly around your ankle.  That gives the boot a much more quality look and I think they look more attractive.  

I guess it doesn't matter if you cover the boot with long pants but when you wear them with a dress or skirt to me that gap looks odd.

Respected Contributor

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@luvzchizBe careful with that HSN free shipping offer. They have run that a few times now and I didn't confirm what they meant. For the time I got tripped up the deal was $75.00 PER ORDER (even if 3 or 4 items in one order) and it would get free shipping.

It was not cummulative during the day and shipping removed at the end of the day. I made a few orders throughout the day and they were all charged shipping. When I asked why, I was told the order had to be in one basket.

They would not remove the shipping because my orders were not placed in one order. I was able to cancel the few things I really didn't need. The other 2 things I did need and I paid 2 shipping fees.

Just an FYI. Might want to check the fine print or call them to confirm what they actually mean.

@gabstoomuch wrote:

@gabstoomuch   That is most interesting.   I have never had a problem in the past re adding over the day to reach the desired amount; however, things do change.  Thanks for the info.  

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Trusted Contributor

@luvzchiz Yes, I agree the terms change with special offers. Sometimes they are called the exact same name as other offers, but they change all the little print that they hope people won't read LOL.

I did not, and I was just lucky that it was just before midnight when I checked just to see of they had done anything in closing up their day. I have no idea why I was uncomfortable. I called CS just to ask if I understood right and that's when she said not cumulative. Must have been a 6th sense, gut feel why I called.

Had it gone past the cancellation period I would have had to pay all the shipping. I know better than to buy anything I have not bought before, or just want to try (such as cleaning products or what not). It can cost so much money buying, receiving it and returning something.

You might be right with this offer, I just wanted to put a flag up for everyone who might be using these free shipping offers to read the fine print.