Respected Contributor

I received the Clark's TSV boot in the wine color. I like them very much but as many have reported they are tight across the bottom laces part.

I ordered a 7M. Has anyone found them to stretch? I am not sure if I should return for a 7W or hope that they stretch or just return.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Clark's TSV boots question

The first time I tried to put them on, they were very tight.  Others have had problems with this too.  I completely re-laced them, and wore them around the house for a while.  They were much better.  I have worn them to work the past 2 days, and they are better every day.  I got the black, size 8.5 M.  Im planning to keep them!

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I will relace them right now. I am hesitant to wear them much because they will look worn if I return them. Maybe I shouldn't worry about that?

Esteemed Contributor

If I were you I would exchange them.  Shoes don't seem to have the stretch they used to have.  Not sure if it's the materials today or what.  Clarks is also not the brand they used to be, I've had several sizing issues with them so I no longer purchase.  (and I have an average size foot).

Respected Contributor

@wonderfulworld

I did just that - exchanged mine for a wide. I normally wear a 7.5 medium but these were tight around the foot with a regular sock even when adjusting the laces. I read where some people said the boots stretched after wearing a while but I decided not to wait and exchanged them for the 7.5 wide. The boot was long enough for my foot just too narrow.  My exchange is on its way to me but not to be delivered until next week.  I figured I can wear a heavier sock if they seem too wide but I have a feeling they won't be. 

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

@wonderfulworld

I did just that - exchanged mine for a wide. I normally wear a 7.5 medium but these were tight around the foot with a regular sock even when adjusting the laces. I read where some people said the boots stretched after wearing a while but I decided not to wait and exchanged them for the 7.5 wide. The boot was long enough for my foot just too narrow.  My exchange is on its way to me but not to be delivered until next week.  I figured I can wear a heavier sock if they seem too wide but I have a feeling they won't be. 

With the free exchange...you just say you want a different size on the return slip and you do not have to pay for the return shipping or the shipping on the new pair? Do I have that right?

Thank you for your reply. I was just looking at the reviews. They are overwhelming in responses that find them too tight.

Respected Contributor

I've learned through the years, if they are not right, do something about it immediately.  Exchange them and do not wait to do that, time goes by so fast, you'll realize that it's too late to do anything with them and you literally will have boots that you'll throw in the closet and not wear.

Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone for your replies everyone. I think I am going to send them back for a wide. 

Super Contributor

Keep an eye on your exchange. Many many people attempting to exchange have had their orders cancelled and refunded, minus the shipping. 

Respected Contributor

@Penellope wrote:

Keep an eye on your exchange. Many many people attempting to exchange have had their orders cancelled and refunded, minus the shipping. 

Thank you Penellope..that is exactly what i am afraid will happen. I am attaching a note on the boot box in big letters saying free exchange wanted.