Honored Contributor

Re: Clark's TSV ....WHY oh WHY???

I know what you mean....not a look that I'm a fan of and yes I also saved some money.

Honored Contributor

I like them and might be tempted except for the $5.50 s/h.  I have a pair of Clark's that are at least 10 years old and a pair I just bought recently.  Both very comfortable.  On the TSV I like that both straps are adjustable and the heel height is perfect for me.  And the patterns make them a bit different.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

IMO, Clark's is not even a good fit anymore, good quality materials anymore, good price point anymore.  Of course there is the matter of slow QVC shipping too.  I guess these sandals are for summer.  You may not get them until summer is over.  You can wear them next summer. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why I did not buy these: they look like hiking sandals except the suede would get so dirty and be ruined. I could not even wear them to my grandsons baseball games...they would get covered in dirt and you can't rinse off. Could not wear by the pool or to the beach either. I did pick up a couple pair of cloudsteppers that were on clearance though. Easy to rinse off and clean.

Honored Contributor

Every pair of Clark's TSVs I ever bought, had some sort of design flaw that made them unwearable.  I think they buy them cheap to be TSVs.  Won't bite again.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@songbird wrote:

Clark's still has a good name.  And it's suede.  And it has an arch.  

I disagree, I've had 3 pair all come apart, the top of the shoe came away from the sole and they were not old or worn to death.

@CelticCrafter - I started a thread in the "Shoes" forum earlier today that will explain why your Clark's shoes fell apart.

The polyurethane soles seem "cushiony" but they're very poor material.  It's not just Clark's who use this new combination sole, even expensive brands do.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have worn Clark’s in the past. However, in my opinion they have changed. I believe they run small and I cannot go up a half size in my size, nor do I think I should have to. Additionally, they are not especially stylish. The TSV is not flattering on the leg at all, just my opinion. So like others have said, money saved. 

Honored Contributor

I always wore Clarks but all of sudden the fit was off.  Sending back got old and expensive so I stopped buying Clarks.  This TSV sandal is lacking style.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They had the last TSV show in the 7:00 hour.  Jennifer Coffey said it was because it was popular and they had limited stock remaining.  I call bull on that.  This morning every size in every color is still available.

Quite possibly, it was  not moving well all day, so why waste expensive air time when you can generate sales on other items? I remember when Susan Graver had a droopy knit cardigan as a TSV and they stopped airing it at noon.  Then they brought it back three months later as if everyone forgot they didn't like it.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper That was comical!  LOL   I think you are right,  they make it sound like "it's flying out the door" when it really isn't that popular at all.   TSV's have been to repetitive IMO.