Respected Contributor

Re: Clark’s TSV September 14

My reaction was not as strong as some of you.  I don't like the white stripe between the shoe and the sole though.  Another thing I have been wondering about:  how does Clarks come up with the names of the shoes?  This particular one isn't too "out there," but some names are very unusual, if not just plain strange.

Honored Contributor

Sizing advice needed.  I don't usually order Clarks so your help is appreciated.

I wear a size 7 95% of the time.  My foot is not narrow, but QVC wides are usually much too wide.  I'd say I'm more of a C width, whereas the Q wides seem to be really wide.

If you were me, what size would you order?  Please and thank you!

Frequent Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

My reaction was not as strong as some of you.  I don't like the white stripe between the shoe and the sole though.  Another thing I have been wondering about:  how does Clarks come up with the names of the shoes?  This particular one isn't too "out there," but some names are very unusual, if not just plain strange.

The first name refers to the footbed style. I have 3 or 4 different styles of shoes with the Leisa footbed and 4+ styles of shoes with the Ashland footbed. The second name in the title refers to the actual style of the shoe. I love this naming feature of Clarks: I like the fit of the Leisa footbed and know that other styles with that footbed are likely to be good fits for me, whether it’s Leisa Cacti or Leisa Truffle, 

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Sizing advice needed.  I don't usually order Clarks so your help is appreciated.

I wear a size 7 95% of the time.  My foot is not narrow, but QVC wides are usually much too wide.  I'd say I'm more of a C width, whereas the Q wides seem to be really wide.

If you were me, what size would you order?  Please and thank you!

I'm torn too on sizing on these.  I go between a 7.5 and 8 but I'm always a medium width.  I will wear these with pants which means a thin sock.  So should I stick with my normal size or go up to the 8?  LOL  I ordered the Earth boots and with those I stuck with my normal size 7.5 and the boot is perfect with socks.     

Respected Contributor

These look cute...but I don't seem to have much luck with buying Clarks....I have a B size width...for sure as I had them recheck me at the store when shopping for tennis shoes.  The Clarks seem to be to pointed in the upper toe bed area....I like my toes... all of them to be un-scrunched up.  They should correct that issue as wides would be HUGE on my feet and fall of the back too.  They are a pass for me due to sizing issues need to try on in person at store.  

Respected Contributor

I like the bow detail on the upper, but the soles do make the shoes look like granny shoes.  I will pass.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

I think the soles look very Fly London.  Not granny at all.

Honored Contributor

I think the sole looks better on some colors than on others on my monitor. I don't like the shoe in pewter at all because I think the black sole looks horrible but, on my monitor what they are calling pewter looks more like a cream/bone.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee This style with this cross-over sort of bow has already been on here maybe not by Clarks but certainly here. I've seen it elsewhere too. Perhaps the only diff is the outer sole.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cat LOL