Regular Contributor

Christmas Programming - TOO MUCH!

I love Christmas - my favorite day of the year.  But QVC is now on constant Christmas programming and gifts for 3 months?  Geez - too much.

Honored Contributor

Re: Christmas Programming - TOO MUCH!

[ Edited ]

As is all the shopping channels and flyers and sales to brick and mortar stores come everyday in the mail.  It's that time of year.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I actually LOVE, and eagerly look forward to Christmas programming! This year, they have been an especially welcome distraction.👍

Shows that feature seasonal decor, and practical gadgets are my favorite to watch. Valerie's visits are ALWAYS a pleasure, and I seldom miss David's Down Home Christmas.

I am always a little disappointed, as the season draws to an end.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

Well, considering how long it takes to ship items to customers, three months is about right.

Respected Contributor

I agree. But I get to choose how much to watch and believe me, I am watching less. I am not in the mood for Christmas or even Thanksgiving due to the virus and the uncertainty about how bad it is getting. 

Honored Contributor

Only about 7 weeks until the big day.  The way things are going it might take 7 weeks for a package to reach your destination.  Better get on the stick and start shopping.

Respected Contributor

It's all the same stuff, they just call it "gifts" now. Maybe with less beauty and fashion - thank goodness!

Trusted Contributor

@DebNYC31 I'm with you but it's everywhere.  My town always puts up a beautiful Christmas display on the village green, it goes up every year the day after Thanksgiving. My DH and I were driving through town the other day and alot of the stores had their Christmas decorations up then we saw the Green being decorated and I said to my DH "what's going on, what the heck happed to Halloween & Thanksgiving can we enjoy those first? "  It's rediculious !  Way to early but then everything is topsie turvie due to this pandemic.  

Trusted Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Well, considering how long it takes to ship items to customers, three months is about right.

@proudlyfromNJ  chuckle - good one 

Honored Contributor

This year is no different than any other year on QVC.  Once they start Christmas in July programming, it is full stream ahead with holiday programs.  I would suspect that more people than ever are going to be ordering on-line which means even more deliveries by USPS, FedEx, USP, etc.  If everyone wants items on time, they better not wait until the last minute.  

I rarely watch any of the shopping channels anymore.  If it wasn't for these boards, I'd never know what was going on anywhere with shopping.  LOL