Respected Contributor

v37999.jpg

V-37999 Cascade Capri 12" Portable 4-Speed Cooling Fan & Remote Control $38.98

Choice of Champagen, Sea Glass, White, Platinum or Black

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info but if anyone can afford it, I would suggest ordering

the Dyson Hot Cool Fan, that is a great product.  

The fan actually blows cool air, somewhat quiet and child proof.  For those people who have small one's running around, this fan is safe, no little fingers to get caught.   I like the idea that if there's a chill in a room in the colder seasons, this one has a heating feature who immediately warms the area.  I had mine for about 5 years and all I do it wipe it clean, velcro the remote so I don't lose it and it stores in small places.   Just a thought.

Respected Contributor

I sleep with a fan for the noise year-round so this one wouldn't do for me. I have to have the industrial strength metal ones, which are hard to find here. I don't want one that rattles, but I surely have to hear them. Yes, I may have issues Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I was disappointed to see a fanthat doesn't oscillate.  I don't like a fan blowing right on me.  I like it to move across me.

I was also disappointed to see it does not come apart for cleaning.  Surely those blades are going to need to be wiped off? 

Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

I was disappointed to see a fanthat doesn't oscillate.  I don't like a fan blowing right on me.  I like it to move across me.

I was also disappointed to see it does not come apart for cleaning.  Surely those blades are going to need to be wiped off? 

does it say that you can't clean it, 

"job lots type places have lots of them now 

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear   Please read the Q&A for the item for more details.  However, here is one answer to the question about cleaning:

"You can use a soft cloth to wipe the housing. To clean the blades, unplug the fan so that it is not connected to a power source. A pipe cleaner can then be used to access the fan blades through the back grille of the fan. Do not use any liquids to clean the fan. Always make sure that the fan is unplugged when cleaning."

I want to clean the blades, not sit there with a pipe cleaner trying to get what dust might have accumulated off each and every one.  If the fan is used in the kitchen, it is going to get greasy.  How much fun is that going to be degreasing each blade with a pipe cleaner.

There are more questions and answers over on the item page.

Honored Contributor

I turn on the tv to get a glance at the Q. Everytime I do the fan is on.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@hellodali wrote:

@jackthebear   Please read the Q&A for the item for more details.  However, here is one answer to the question about cleaning:

"You can use a soft cloth to wipe the housing. To clean the blades, unplug the fan so that it is not connected to a power source. A pipe cleaner can then be used to access the fan blades through the back grille of the fan. Do not use any liquids to clean the fan. Always make sure that the fan is unplugged when cleaning."

I want to clean the blades, not sit there with a pipe cleaner trying to get what dust might have accumulated off each and every one.  If the fan is used in the kitchen, it is going to get greasy.  How much fun is that going to be degreasing each blade with a pipe cleaner.

There are more questions and answers over on the item page.

dumb

would be an easy pass for me

Honored Contributor

I wonder if that Cascade fan is as good as the Holmes Blizzard fan, the one with a rotating grill. Imo the Blizzard fan is the best.  I wonder what happened to it?

Esteemed Contributor

My review:

First the pros.

The fan is lightweight, sleek looking, quiet on low, and very effective at pushing air a good distance across the room on higher settings. If that meets your need than this is a very good choice.

The only complaint I have is the one feature I bought this for (oscillating wide air distribution), is weak to the point of being non-existent. Although the grill rotates, the airflow remains straight out from the fan as it is with a $16. box fan. I can't detect ANY difference in the angle of airflow distribution when rotating grill oscillation is turned on or off.

So in this particular fan, rather than being engineered to be functional, the rotating grill is just an added gimmic to justify a higher price.

Tagging @SilleeMee 

Yes, I am comparing this to my two Homles Blizzard fans. I believe they're discontinued. I was so hoping these Cascade fans would be comparable. 😞