Respected Contributor

Carolyn in Laurie Felt's TSV

I have to say, I was not crazy about this top but I liked the blue with the flowers.  I ordered it last night and then cancelled as I was not sure I liked those sleeves but then I saw Carolyn wearing the flowered one and she looked sensational.  It was so flattering on her much nicer than those Denim & Co. clingy tops she wears.  This really flattered her figure and I took a chance and reordered it.  Also liked the animal print.

Honored Contributor

Re: Carolyn in Laurie Felt's TSV

Sorry I saw Carolyn in the top too and thought it was a bit much....the print is loud and not at all flattering and I think the top along with the pleated sleeves and extra layered ruffle across the top adds lots of visual weight.....great if you want to look 20lbs heavier.  

I do agree that wearing a too tight top also makes one look larger.

My opinion and of course others see it differently.

Trusted Contributor

It's always different to see Carolyn in other than D&C, but the neck on this top would favor no one, and including MBR.  Not a fan of this line what so ever.

Valued Contributor

I did not see Carolyn in it, however I passed on it as I did not like the wide sleeves. I must be a klutz, because I catch sleeves like this on anything and everything! I thought the price was great for the top however. Just not my style.

Super Contributor

I think it would be overwhelming for a petite...especially in the bolder prints. 

Honored Contributor

Wasn't this a TSV or regular purchase not that long ago?  I definitely recall that style, especially when you can were it front or back.  (Or maybe she's copied something someone else offered).

Honored Contributor

I got a top like this recently from Style and Co with the same kind of bottom scallop scoop and it was so unflattering.

It had a seam down the middle I guess to make a slimmer look, but I don't think I have ever had a top that did nothing to make me feel or look good. Maybe the fabric ( a soft cotton knit) made it more clingy.

hopefully Laurie's fabric will be more flowy.

It will be interesting to see the reviews.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"