Valued Contributor

QVC puts the specs and video up then has a section to ask questions- I wanted to know if you needed to use a tripod when you use the extended (300) lens-( It says it has image stabilization but a 300x?    I see they have a lot of questions that go un- answered- and this is often the case with a LOT of the TSV's - why do they even bother? why doesn't the demonstration tell you? why doesn't the manufacturer answer up front? Often it says the answers will take 24 hours to post- by then the TSV price is gone- and as stated- they don't have the answers- it would be nice if QVC would have "people" who would query the manufacturers in real time. (they also say they will notify you if you get an answer but you have to request that option- and again- it will still come too late for the "tsv" price. 

New Contributor

No you do not have to use a tripod for the larger zoom lens. I bought this in June and used it during my nephews football games in the fall on sports mode with the zoom lens. Awesome pictures. I even got a couple of players running with the football where they have both feet off the ground at the same time. I don't think your cell phone will reach the middle of the field or far side of the field and give you geat pictures. Used it indoors with  the flash off setting- again awsome and no red-eye or glowing eye in pets which means no editing before posting or printing. Used the wifi connection on vacation and sent straight to my phone to post on facebook.Took pictures of my nephews sunflower from kindergarten and blew it up to a 16 x 20 and awesome details. Also took my other nephews football pictures, as they did them while we were on vacation and he missed it. Some of the other players moms said they were better than the professional photographer that did theirs. Don't wait to get it, don't miss out on all those great moments!!