Regular Contributor

I need a camera.  Cell phone ok but want something else.  Thoughts on this?  Need it for a dummy.  Nothing high tech.

Honored Contributor

There are many great cameras thst take excellent photos but are a lot less expensive.  I have a camera the shape of the TSV and find I rarely use it because it doesnt fit anywhere in the car or on my person.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

It's probably been two years since I took a picture with a camera....my phone takes great photos that meet my needs.

Good luck choosing something that works well for you!

Honored Contributor

per usual they are throwing in a bunch of stuff that you may not use or need.

I would look around to see what else if available

I would never need the software and album and other stuff that inflates the value 

Honored Contributor

@imagemd wrote:

I need a camera.  Cell phone ok but want something else.  Thoughts on this?  Need it for a dummy.  Nothing high tech.

While this is a great camera, I ordered it myself, I agree with @Kachina624  you can probably find something very adequate at a lower price point.

Unless you are just dying to have one for Christmas check after Christmas sales.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

per usual they are throwing in a bunch of stuff that you may not use or need.

I would look around to see what else if available

I would never need the software and album and other stuff that inflates the value 

I can pick up this exact camera today at Sam's, only in black and with none of the add-on's for the exact same price.

I want to make the album and take their photography "class" but I already know a lot about taking pictures.  I love the red.

Yeah, I"m a sucker