Frequent Contributor
These seem to have everything going for them. What concerns me is that they seem to have a very orangey glow that might remind me of Halloween all year round. Just my tv? I really don’t want to deal with return costs if it turns out to be the case once I got them home .
Honored Contributor

I bought the one that was the TSV last year that had the 3 candles inside.  I absolutely love that.  I only wish it had a remote because although I like the timer feature, I don't need it on for 6 or 8 hours in the summer because it doesn't need to come on until so late.  Because of that, I don't use it in the summer.  I think that one is metal but I cannot even remember.

I did buy a cheaper one from a craft store that just has 1 candle and you cannot open it.  It does have a timer and is resin.  I ended up putting that on my porch which is covered and I've had no issue with the resin turning or any other problem.  I only paid $9.98 for it so if it breaks, it breaks.  I've had it a year already and it's still going strong.     

Honored Contributor

I caved and ordered a set.  I recently bought a large lantern from Valerie's items and wanted it for my front porch.  I decided these would be better  for outside and I'll keep the larger (and better one) inside.   I have a Candle Impressions from QVC from years ago.  It was in a beautiful glass container where you can fill the bottom part with artificial flowers, rocks, etc.   I have had this over seven years and it still works.   I do like Luminara candles too.  They are so real-looking.

Trusted Contributor

I think these look really great but I will not buy the lanterns that have the fixed candle.   If the candle goes out then the whole lantern is a waste.  I own one like that in a hurricane from Luminara and so far it is good but I don't think there is a way of removing the candle without destroying the whole unit if it should go out!  

So I will not purchase this set of CI!Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Candle impression TSV

[ Edited ]

@Newgate wrote:

I think these look really great but I will not buy the lanterns that have the fixed candle.   If the candle goes out then the whole lantern is a waste.  I own one like that in a hurricane from Luminara and so far it is good but I don't think there is a way of removing the candle without destroying the whole unit if it should go out!  

So I will not purchase this set of CI!Woman Happy

--------------

I agree!  If the candle dies, you are stuck with a dead lantern.  I ordered the one Valerie had on, but then cancelled when I read that the candle is not removable.

Every time I buy a flameless candle item, I expect it to live forever.  But I have had some CI's and Luminara's die on me!!!

Trusted Contributor

I use three candle indoor/outdoor lanterns at my front entrance.  I was looking for two more for the deck, but these - no.  Not the quality I was looking for.

Respected Contributor

I received my red lanterns yesterday and took them to the post office this morning to be returned. When adjusting the volume on my tv with my cable remote it turns the candles off. They need to fix the frequency. I then would turn the candle back on with the included remote and every time I adjusted the volume on my tv the candle would turn off. I'm glad I read reviews b/c I would never have thought to test this out and probably would not have figured it out until after the return period as I wasn't planning on using my lanterns yet.

Frequent Contributor

I have the same problem with mine. I bought a set of antique bronze for my bedroom. When i buy things like this, a timer is a must for me, I want to just set it and forget it until it's time to change the batteries, but every time I want to watch tv in bed the tv remote or the dvd remote messes up the timer so I have to reset it again the next evening. I really liked these lanterns and was considering buying one or maybe even two more sets for other rooms, but both of those rooms have tvs in them too. The problem must be with Candle Impressions because I own many Luminara and the tv remotes never interfere with them.