Respected Contributor

Re: Can't find any reviews on the Dynatrap

This unit really works! Last year's unit was harder to clean because you needed a tiny screwdriver to undo the base where the insects are. This new model just twists open at the base. The new model is also more open under the light at the top. Plus it is more decorative. I bought the 1/2 acre last year for the back, and another 1/2 acre for the front yard this year. Some reviews last year said they don't trap mosquitos, but they dehydrate to nothing. Believe me, they were in there. I used a huge and powerful magnifying lens and analyzed the "catch." Yes, little tiny legs were in the mix, along with moths, (lots of these), yellow jackets, and a couple of wasps.
Respected Contributor

We bought a large one from Costco at the end of last summer.  It works well and I would recommend. 

Respected Contributor

Thanks for all your replies. I ordered it but then canceled after I heard the rep said it had to be 20 feet away from you to work. I wanted to hang it near my deck because that's where my electric outlet is. But that would put the unit about 5 feet from folks. So because I have no way to plug it in if I put it 20 feet away, I won't be able to use it.  Oh well...gonna try the fan. 

Esteemed Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

Thanks for all your replies. I ordered it but then canceled after I heard the rep said it had to be 20 feet away from you to work. I wanted to hang it near my deck because that's where my electric outlet is. But that would put the unit about 5 feet from folks. So because I have no way to plug it in if I put it 20 feet away, I won't be able to use it.  Oh well...gonna try the fan. 

@bmorechick....you can use an outdoor electric cord to run it longer from your outlet.  They said you could do that to get it 15-20 feet away.

Respected Contributor

Thanks shell garden...we thought about that but my lawn guy (husband) said it would be a pain in his bum cuz he would have to unplug it n move the cord every time he cut grass n since he hates yardwork this is just one more task he considers monumental..lol

and ur not supposed to turn it off so...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want to see QVC customer reviews of items from previous sales then google "QVC reviews Dynatrap" and you will see several listings. It shows the sold-out items as well and their reviews, if any were posted for them.

You can do this for other items, too.Woman Happy

@bmorechick

Occasional Contributor

You can find last models for less at Bed Bath & beyond & sometimes at Marshalls.