Valued Contributor

Can someone describe the difference in Josie Maran face butter and body butter?

[ Edited ]

I have and use the body butter but haven't tried the face butter.  

TIA.

Super Contributor

Re: Can someone describe the difference in Josie Maran face butter and body butter?

I use both. The face butter  is lighter, more like a face cream. It is like air, not greasy at all Love both

Respected Contributor

Re: Can someone describe the difference in Josie Maran face butter and body butter?

@Barb114....Thanks for the explanation to the OP.
I am a devotee of her body butter, but as of yet, hadn't tried the face butter. I was wondering myself the difference. I am thinking about ordering the Unscented kit!
Trusted Contributor

@Maggie NoliaThe face butter is yep, much lighter in texture.  It is FABULOUS !

I love it and use it every single day.

Do not hesitate.  I am going auto delivery because my daughters have now discovered it on my nightstand.  They love it as well.  Give it try !!!

Occasional Contributor

I think i know the answer... the main one, as people said is face butter is a tad lighter. However. i noticed a BIG difference. and o one talks about this.. is the body butter has a SHEEN to it. . a VERY slight "pearlized" sheen... so you probably dont want to use liberaly on your face. unless you like that sheen.  Use them side by side on your hand, you will see FB is a tad less heavy.. i havent looked at ingredients, but im sure they are somewhat different.. but you will SEE the BB has that pearl sheen to it, subtle though it is, its best not on your face... unless you like that..  

Respected Contributor

The body butter is WAY heavier than the face butter. Face butter isn't heavy at all. I'm currently using it as my day moisuturizer over her vitamin c serum and even in summer weather it does fine, not too heavy. If I put bod butter on my face it would melt off in a puddle of grease!  I only use her body butter in winter, I find it too rich for hot humid weather, it makes me feel dirty.

Respected Contributor

@MsFitness wrote:

I think i know the answer... the main one, as people said is face butter is a tad lighter. However. i noticed a BIG difference. and o one talks about this.. is the body butter has a SHEEN to it. . a VERY slight "pearlized" sheen... so you probably dont want to use liberaly on your face. unless you like that sheen.  Use them side by side on your hand, you will see FB is a tad less heavy.. i havent looked at ingredients, but im sure they are somewhat different.. but you will SEE the BB has that pearl sheen to it, subtle though it is, its best not on your face... unless you like that..  

Unless you buy the illuminizing body butter, it has no shimmer in it. The sheen is from the oil. It's not actually pearlized. Only the illuminiating version has crushed pearl and is actually pealized. Just wanted to clarify for anyone wondering about that term.

Respected Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

The body butter is WAY heavier than the face butter. Face butter isn't heavy at all. I'm currently using it as my day moisuturizer over her vitamin c serum and even in summer weather it does fine, not too heavy. If I put bod butter on my face it would melt off in a puddle of grease!  I only use her body butter in winter, I find it too rich for hot humid weather, it makes me feel dirty.

This. In fact, it's so much lighter that I need to use it over the Milk serum in the winter or it's not enough moisture in the dry weather. It's a lovely summer moisturizer. It's also been formulated for the face, so it has more anti-aging and firming properties than the body butter. 

The Face Butter comes in unscented and in a few scents. The scents I've tried (Peach, Mango, Watermelon) are also extra light in the Face Butter version. I get a lovely burst of scent when I open the jar and begin applying and the whisper-light scent is gone moments after I finish applying. I don't really like scented facial skincare and find most drug or department store scented face products to be too fragranced and irritating. One product I tried from Lancome gave me a a terrible asthma attack. The Face Butter really is just a hint of fragrance that's gone before I finish my after shower or before bed routine.