Honored Contributor

There was a thread in the Fashion Forum complaining about what QVC had done to VC.  However, while there weren't a lot of shoes in inventory on QVC, the ones I checked were also for sale at other retailers including the VC site and Nordstrom.  So while others may have thought the selection brought to QVC was frumpy, they weren't brought in for QVC only.

I highly suspect that the TSV may be a QVC item only.  I cannot find this shoe anywhere else and I cannot find any VC shoe on the VC website that has a velcro closure.  

Honored Contributor

@lrbrbwrote:

What’s wrong with Velcro?

besides the aesthetics

I think its a way to cheapen the cost of making the shoe

and once the hooks of the velcro get mashed down it's useless.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

There was a thread in the Fashion Forum complaining about what QVC had done to VC.  However, while there weren't a lot of shoes in inventory on QVC, the ones I checked were also for sale at other retailers including the VC site and Nordstrom.  So while others may have thought the selection brought to QVC was frumpy, they weren't brought in for QVC only.

I highly suspect that the TSV may be a QVC item only.  I cannot find this shoe anywhere else and I cannot find any VC shoe on the VC website that has a velcro closure.  

you are right,  I guess the Qcustomer likes a velcro

I also think that the Camuto HSN shoes that were offered as TSs were also tweaked to be a bit different for  them as well  

I spent some time looking once and couldn't find the equivalent shoe out there,  they changed it just a bit,  

I don't an issue with that really 

Honored Contributor

I think the shoes are cute.  They are a bit too high for me.  The velcro on these does not bother me at all.  I don't mind velcro on some shoes.    I like the red.  If they were .5 inch lower, I may consider.  They are too high for me for my job, and I wouldn't wear these in a casual way anyway.  I'd wear lower heels or lower boots.

The red are really cute, and the style is nice.  The rest of the Q offerings for VC are just awful.  I checked them out.  They look like shoes on sale rejects!  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I loved Velcro on my kids' shoes. They outgrew them before the velcro got gummed up with dirt and dog hair.

Honored Contributor

Velcro may not have been my idea of fashion in the past, but it's a Godsend to me now as my right thumb loses more and more strength to the effects of arthritis.  Now if my left foot would just allow me to walk in that VC shoe, I might buy it in more than one color!  Much prettier shoe than the buckle shoe I'm wearing as I sit here!

My suggestion to those of you who hate Velcro -  buy something else and enjoy it, but keep in mind the whole world isn't in just your closet -  and there are far more non-Velcro shoes from which you can choose. 

Regular Contributor

@summerwindwrote:

I loved Velcro on my kids' shoes. They outgrew them before the velcro got gummed up with dirt and dog hair.

@summerwind, you're right! I didn't think about that, but I did love velcro on my kids shoes. It made life so much easier!!Smiley Happy

Against my better judgment I tried a shoe with velcro once, and stuff got stuck to it. Not a good look. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

I checked the VC website and Nordstrom too and the same shoes are on their websites as are being sold on QVC.  Once again,  same people who hate QVC need to bash it in any way they can.  I don’t know why they watch something they hate so much

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four

Simple solution.  Don’t buy shoes with Velcro.  There are certainly tons of shoes out there without it

Honored Contributor

I think these shoes are cute too.  I'm one that in the past was totally anti-velcro.   I did break down last year and buy 2 pair of Skecher wedges that have the velcro and I don't mind it on those but on this shoe, I'm really not digging it.  I wish this had a regular buckle.  All my other VC shoes have a regular buckle on them.

My Skechers are only going on a second season but so far so good with the velcro staying attached.  I have had several pair of shoes though that have elastic on them attached to the leather that slides through the buckle.  On many, many shoes that elastic lets loose and then there's a problem.